Thursday, September 27, 2007

I'm So Excited I'm Crying

Literally!

I have got to tell you that this next bit of news is some of the most exciting news I've gotten to share with you in a long time. You all might not realize just how exciting this is, but for me...it is something that makes me want to dance around the house while laughing and crying and just making everyone around me think I've lost my mind.

And you know what??? I DON'T CARE!!!

I want to share with you a very new and VERY special blog. It is called Dear Friend. Go read it. Right now...stop reading mine and go read it. Then come back here and finish reading this post.

Why is this blog so special as to warrant an entire post devoted to it? This is my bestest friend in the whole wide world. We met while we were in the 8th grade. My father was leaving the church he was pastoring and we started attending another church in the area. My first time attending the new Sunday School Mary came and sat by me. We were instant friends. She was the sweetest and nicest, most caring person you could ever meet. We did everything together that spring we met. My family traveled to Romania that summer and Mary wrote me letters all summer long while I was over there.

After I graduated highschool we didn't have much contact with each other. I don't know why but I always kept Mary's parent's address in my address book and last year we came back into contact with each other. Through this past year, God has been placing Mary on my heart more and more and I began to realize just how much she means to me. Mary is a friend I will have for the rest of my life. (and for the rest of eternity)

This is why I am so excited to present this blog to you. Because this is a way I can keep in contact with my dear friend Mary while she serves the Lord in Africa. You heard that right. Mary is a missionary to street boys in Africa. So go read her blog and I promise you, it will be interesting.

I LOVE YOU MARY!!!!!!!! I am so thankful for your friendship! You mean more to me than you will ever know. (and don't forget New York in December)

2 comments:

amy said...

I read Mary's post, and it's pretty amazing stuff!! I kept reading a little bit more to her next posting about her fear of the dark. I've learned a valuable lesson from that post about trusting the Lord in times of fear. I struggle with fear, myself. Please thank her for me, and wish her all the best. What a giving lady to be there doing her missionary work. I will continue to check out her posts for updates.

Lady_MSnow said...

Thank you for sharing her link with us. I will be reading it regularly. :D