Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Perfect Day!!!

There have been two days in my life that I would consider as close to perfection as I am going to ever see or expirience this side of heaven. One was the day I looked into my darling little girl's eyes for the very first time. I will never forget that moment.

The second day happened long before the birth of my daughter. It happened nine years ago today, actually. The day dawned bright and early. I woke up at my parents house where I had stayed the night before with my cat Pattycakes. We had left our apartment. It was raining. Now on most days, I could care less about the rain. It doesn't really faze me. I am an indoor person anyways so its not that big of a deal. But not on this day. I needed for it to be sunny. You see...I was to get married that day. And the wedding ceremony was to be held in my parent's garden.

We hadn't gotten the chance to set up the day before because it had been pouring down rain all day long. I was fearful for the worst. We would have to set the ceremony up inside the house. All those people crammed into my parent's house. Oh My!

But at about 10:00 in the morning, the sun came out. We were able to scramble and get everything set up outside.

3:00 in the afternoon, I stood before my father with James by my side and about 30 of our friends and family sitting in chairs behind us and I said, "I do". Miracle of all miracles...James said it too! We were married!!!

At 19 years of age you don't really grasp the concept of what marriage is all about. Oh yes. We loved each other. No doubt about that. James was my best friend. I wanted to be by his side every waking moment from the time I first laid eyes on him. You hear of love at first sight and most people don't believe that it actually happens. Well, I am here to tell you that it does. Its real. Somehow, I knew in my heart the moment I saw James that he was mine. I even told my girlfriend, "I want to spend the rest of my life with him." And all I knew was his name. We had yet to speak a word to each other.

You say, "For better or for worse, in sickness and in health" without really realizing what the "worse" part of that vow could mean. Or what the sickness could mean. Or even "till death do us part". That could be a very long time, you know.

These past nine years have taught me alot. I have grown. I have loved. I have laughed. I have danced. I am slowly becoming a lady...the lady God created me to be. I am not perfect yet though. I say things to James that I don't want to say. I sometimes treat him like a child instead of the man that he is...the leader of my home. I sometimes please myself instead of looking to satisfy James' needs.

But you know what??? He has stuck by me. Through all the moods. Through all the tears. Through all the hurts. He has stuck by me and loved me. Through good times and bad, he has been there for me. Steady as a rock. Loving me. Holding me. Cherishing me. I am humbled by such a love. I am honored by it. I am one luckly lady.

I want to share something with you to show a bit of his love for me. He bought me a very expensive little sewing machine for Christmas because for years I had been begging him to. Then I started sewing. I have made quite a few projects with my sewing machine and he ohhs and ahhs over everything. He is so darned proud that I am sewing. (I think he likes it better than my crochet...although I will never give up my crochet, my first love) I even joined a sewing forum where I learned about a nifty little gadget called pattern weights. Little weights you place on your pattern instead of using pins to cut out your patterns. I heard that this would save TONS of time cutting out patterns. I just happened to mention these weights to James and he thought they were a pretty clever idea.

Every time I have sat down to sew since that moment, he mentions "You need some of those weight things". And I say..."Oh...they would be nice, but I am doing just fine with these pins".

This morning, he comes to me and hands me three pieces of paper he printed off the computer. The first paper was a printout of this...

An Ergonomic Rotary Cutter

Wow!! That alone would have been plenty. Terrific. A wonderful anniversary gift. I pulled up the second sheet of paper though and saw this...

Pattern Weights

I almost lost it at this point. I didn't though. I couldn't speak, but I didn't cry. I didn't think there could be anything better than that. I really didn't. I already thought this was too much for a silly little anniversary. But the third paper contained this...

Shape Weights

What a wonderful man I am married to. What a wonderful man. I have been blessed to stand beside this man for the past 9 years. I pray that for the rest of our marriage, I will be the kind of wife he needs.

Its time for me to go make his peanut butter and jellies for lunch tomorrow. I will show you my pressies when they arrive next week. (they aren't here yet which is why James gave me printouts of the items) Happy Anniversary James. I love you!

10 comments:

mom4x said...

Lucky you... Happy Anniversary. I am so glad you have someone that makes you so happy. And congrats on the presents.. I am sure you will get plenty of use out of them with the making of the winter wardrobe...

Lady_MSnow said...

That is so awesome! What a sweetie you have. :D

Christine said...

Happy Anniversary! How wonderful to be celebrating so many years with your sweetie.Blessings!

Daughter of the King said...

I would say that man of yours KNOWS you....and I belive a man will treat his wife like a queen..if she treats him like a king....it goes both ways and it seems like it has for both of you..God's Blessings and prayers for many more years.
Deby

Daughter of the King said...

btw ...we celebrate 36 years next month...I praise the Lord for my husband everyday...isn't God good.
Deby

amy said...

What a beautiful story, Anna. I am truly happy that you have such love and security in your life. You are so blessed to have each other. Chloe will grow up with such a respect for the love that you share. You're teaching her as well everyday what love is all about. Happy Anniversary to both of you :)

B said...

Aww!! What a great guy you have there =)

Happy Anniversary!

Lea said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! What absolutely wonderful, thoughtful pressies your man has chosen for you!!! Can you imagine when we get to heaven we'll have every perfect day??? I pray God's blessing for your family this upcoming year!

.... and would you mind asking your dear sweet man a question for me??? In military talk ... what is an fob... my son said he was at his fob... is that bad... or good?????

Anna said...

FOB = Forward Operating Base (nothing very exciting there...lol)

(((((HUGS))))) sandi said...

*HAPPY BELATED ANNIVERSARY!* (((((HUGS))))) sandi~goin' now to click over to your friend's blog....