Monday, September 24, 2007

A Whim

I bought this 100% wool yarn at one point in time to make some sort of felted purse. (felting is on my "want-to-learn list") I have since misplaced the pattern (or gave it away or something like that) and the wool just sat in the drawer waiting for inspiration. Well, that inspiration came to me Saturday evening.

I don't know how or why these things happen this way. Part of the designer's nature I guess, but when the mood to design strikes, I must answer the call. I set down "the dress" and rummaged through the drawer to find the perfect yarn. At that moment, I didn't really have anything in particular I was looking for, nor did I know what I was going to make. But I KNEW I needed to make something. And it needed to be small. And quick.

After about 2 hours worth of crochet time this is what it turned into.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Not bad, eh? I think they are rather cute. Granted, they are not finished yet. (I don't think you could miss those ends glaring out at you saying, "Anna hasn't woven us in yet!!!" But hey...they can wait. The main thing is I got the little bags crocheted. I also plan to line with. Really line them. Not my traditional method of crocheting the lining but with real fabric and a real sewing needle.

I have yet to think of a clever name for these purses. I also have yet to decide if I want to offer them as 3 different free patterns on my site or as a set of free patterns or as a set of purchased patterns. They sure are cute though. I plan on making a few more (since they are so quick) and selling them in my Boutique on the site. I might even have some up in time for my next website update next week. (maybe I dream to much...hmmm...)

Now I am off to do some much needed work on my forum, edit some patterns in testing and type some new designs. Does my to-do list ever get any shorter? It doesn't appear that way. It just gets longer and longer.

2 comments:

Daughter of the King said...

so cute.... have even that Shabby chic kind of look..maybe it is the color of the yarn...nice...
Deby

Lady_MSnow said...

I think they are adorable!