Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I'm Having a Party!!!

Complete with PG Tips tea and chocolate cake. (what would a party be without those???) I even have some music for this party. (go ahead and listen. Your feet will be tapping while you read the rest of this post)

Celebration


So, now it remains to be told what I am celebrating. Well, it goes something like this...

I'M PUBLISHED!!!!!!


Okay, so its not that big of a deal really...but, oh me oh my, I am excited. Its a step. Just one step up the ladder of success. (at least I hope that's the ladder I am climbing) I submitted a couple of designs last fall to the 2008 Crochet Pattern a Day calendar and wouldn't you know it? but they accepted them. (I do notice from some of their designs that they accept pretty much anything though)

So, what's next? Well, you will have to stay tuned to find out. But I have BIG dreams. BIG ones. Ones that are super big! (hang on...gotta go re-start my song. Okay. My feet are tapping and I can type in time to funky music again)

Anwyas, I haven't posted here in a few days because, quite frankly, I have been pretty busy. You know, its October already. YUP! That means time for a website update. Like it? I added some photos to the testers gallery. Its not complete yet but hey...better than a page space holder (which apparantly google search engines don't like)

I also added some pre-made crocheted items to my Boutiques (because those were just space holders too). Check out my Le Bebe Nursery and Le Femme Courture for some great gift ideas. (its kind of hard to move the mouse about while listening to this song...the mouse wants to be-bop with my body instead of clicking on the teeny tiny buttons...Oh well...at least I'm grooving)

And this update means I have new patterns. Yay! You all get to see something NEW. (hang on...re-starting song again)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Because I liked my Summer meadows dress so much I decided I couldn't stop. So, I made a matching cape and hat. Isn't that hat just the cutest? (I can say that about my own design because this song has me on cloud nine and I can't really be responsible for what I type while in "the groove") I used size 10 thread for the cape and size 30 vintage thread for the flowers. The thread was sent to me as an RAOK from some delightful person over at the ville last summer. How sweet is that?

Then I decided I need more free patterns on the site to generate traffic. So, I designed this scrumptious set. (hitting restart again)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I splurged and bought 3 skeins of Moda Dea Metro for this cape. I don't usually buy yarn like this...I much prefer thread or small yarn but as I was petting it in the store, it just sort of "jumped" into my buggy. Oh well. It makes for a warm cape for Chloe. I am calling it Scrumptiously Sweet Cape Ensemble and I have it in baby, toddler and children sizes. You can find it for free on my site. Go ahead. Make a couple. You know you want to.

Okay. And what update is complete without a purse?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


While on the "coordinating" kick this past round, I decided my stole needed a companion. What do I get? This fun little purse. Its different, that's for sure. I call it Elegant Lattice Purse. (because what else could you call it?

Ahhh...there's more but they will have to finish with testing before I can show you. Speaking of testing, I have revamped our testing procedures. Now patterns will be released for testing as I finish them intead of waiting for a "round". (now the song is getting on my nerves so I think I will forgo playing it again...maybe a different one now? Oh yah...gotta love the 80's!)

I also ordered some neccesities. First (and most fun) is the Crochet Stitch Bible I ordered myself. I can't wait to get that...oh its going to be fun to play. (because you know...girls just wanna have fun, right?) And on a not so fun note, but equally important (if not more importan) I also ordered some business cards for myself. I'll have to show you those when they come in because I am too lazy right now to go convert my image to jpeg from psd...so you will just have to be patient.

Anyways, I am off now to crochet. I am going to relax with my delicious tea and cake, maybe put on some other funky music and celebrate my first 3 published patterns.

Have a party, ya'll!!! Find something in your life to be thankful for and just CELEBRATE!!!

10 comments:

amy said...

If you aren't the cutest thing, then I don't know what is!!! I'm so proud of you, Anna. Great job!! Your dreams are going to come- you know they will. Yippee yay yay!! Celebrate to the highest girl, you deserve it!!

Lady_MSnow said...

Congratulations once again on being published. Good choice on the 80s songs. ;) That DC Talk song...oh my gosh...middle school all over again! Wow......I used to listen to that ALL the time.

Brandy said...

Wow congrats Anna!! What great news! I think I'll have to give some of those adorable free patterns a go myself. Thanks!

Anna said...

Don't you just love DC Talk? I still love their music. I could listen to it ALL DAY!!! Remember "I Luv Rap Music"? That was another one of my favs. LOL. Can't seem to find that one anywhere though.

B said...

Anna! That is just so awesome! Woo-hoo! =)

Lady_MSnow said...

Do you remember Carman? My sister loved him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nicbAjzcRrQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SswiYEXZrIg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-jlN7PDGHc

(((((HUGS))))) sandi said...

You are SO WRONG! It is a HUGE, BIG, FAT, MAJOR DEAL! and I am *SO EXCITED!* for you! WOOHOOO! (((((HUGS))))) sandi~who is sooo very THANKFUL for your free pattern section! It's GROWN just since the last time I checked~WOOHOOO! After I try a few I'll be able to order one of your BIG GIRL patterns~you know, a PROFESSIONAL kinda pattern!!!!!

Christine said...

Congratulations, Anna; you are sooo talented.

Anna said...

Oh My. You are really bringing back the memories for me. I actually saw Carmen in concert. One of the best concerts I have ever seen. He did The Champion much different from that video. He actually had actors playing the parts in a real boxing ring. It was SOOOOO cool!!! I still love Carmen.

Lea said...

Anna, those new things are just lovely... I might have to give it all a go and I don't have any little girls... I might have to go find one!!

.. I am praying for your strength and energy to return....

... Have you ever read the story of sarah Edwards? The book is called " MArriage to a Difficult Man".. ( I wasn't thinking of James here LOL... she was married to Jonathan Edwards and that was a real booger bear).. anyhow... I reread it for the gabillionth time and thought if you could get your hands on a copy you would love it too!!