Thursday, October 04, 2007

Its Not so Bad

There are certain things in my life that I avoid at all costs. Well, maybe "all costs" is too broad or too harsh of a statement so I will change it to...ummm..."alot of costs". There are certain things in my life that I avoid at alot of costs. One of those things happens to be green tea or herbal tea. I have one word for such things.

Why?

I mean, if you are going to drink tea, you might as well go all out and get the good, black stuff loaded with caffine, right? I do enjoy to taste my tea while I drink it...and green tea tastes like raw spinach mixed with cottage cheese and mosquito poop. (as if I have ever ate that...but you get the idea as to my level of desire to drink this stuff)

Well, desperate times call for desperate measures. (to include drinking green tea) Let me explain. I have been "ill" lately. Not ill as the normal thought processes would consider ill. No, but I have been extremely tired. So tired, in fact, that I am finding it hard to do my normal routines throughout the day. You know the kind of tired where you feel like your chest is caving in on your lungs? And your whole body is about to fall apart? Yes. That's the kind of tired I feel like. (even after 9-10 hours of sleep and sometimes a couple hours of naps during the day)

Something is definately wrong, but what? I don't know. We will be going to the dr soon to find out. But while I was shopping for food today, I noticed this green tea with a great big word right on the front. A word I could not ignore. ENERGY. And then I thought, "but its GREEN!!!" Like I said, desperate times call for desperate measure. It can't hurt me, right? Its healthy, right?

And now, I am drinking my second cup of the day and WOW! Its not bad. Its no PG Tips, mind you...but its not bad. I can actually drink this. And the funny thing is, I actually....kind of....sort of....ummm...(can't believe I am admitting this) I LIKE IT. Yup. I might actually CHOOSE this tea sometimes.

Now I am warning you, I have linked to this kind of tea so you can see what it is I am talking about. BUT, the website is actually a little bit "hokey". I do NOT condone the website. (I am not into all that "new age-y" type of stuff...yoga and mediatation and stuff) But I can drink this tea. Its not so bad... not so bad at all. And maybe, just maybe, the ginseng in it will help my energy levels (or memory cells) so I won't forget the laundry in the washer this week. I'll keep you posted.

6 comments:

Lady_MSnow said...

I'm shocked at you Anna! ;)

Christine said...

I love this post; how funny! I just did a post on herb tea, too.Blessings!

B said...

Glad you liked it =)n And hope you can get to the bottom of the tiredness!

Bella said...

Oh my, Anna!! You might even like it?! hmmmm lol.

Ashlie said...

I hope the doctor can tell you why you've been so tired! Maybe you're anemic, which means you don't have enough red blood cells to carry energy-giving oxygen to your body's tissues. Or maybe you've got the beginnings of a virus? Keep us posted!! You'll be in my prayers, take care!

(((((HUGS))))) sandi said...

Give green chai a try~it's my VERY FAVORITE! MMMMMMMM! (((((HUGS))))) sandi