Monday, November 26, 2007

Oh Christmas Tree

With Thanksgiving now behind us, we look ahead to Christmas. It is our family tradition to set up Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. This time it took us the two days after Christmas and there is still some left to do. For some reason I am moving a bit slower this year.

We also need to rethink this "fresh tree" idea. We bought our second ever "real" tree this year on black Friday but the thing is already losing all of its needles. Maybe we should hold off next year a couple of weeks. Can I do that? I don't know...but I am loving this tree smell that you just cannot get with fake paper-ey trees.

I want to show you a completely cheese-y video we made this weekend. Okay...so James did most of the work, but I am in this video and that is something, right? And the biggest news is that I actually talk in this video. After hearing my voice on tape some 6 years ago, I have refused to talk on camera. I sound awful...hideous...like a nut-job. Anyways, I have recently watched some video of Chloe when she was a baby and wouldn't you know it but they are those "silent moving pictures" and I began to realize, Chloe might not like that when she gets older. So, since she seems to like my voice I am now trying to talk more on tape. Let me just say that James does a much better job of "acting natural" than I do. (which you can see in the following video)

Enjoy...the Ness Family Christmas Tree...



This video was actually made for family hence the part in the middle regarding James. You see...we have (or someone in James family has) video of Christmastime and all you can see in the video is the Christmas tree and the couch setting next to it. Then all of a sudden you see little two year old James do a tumbersalt over the edge of the couch into the video. Its quite funny, actually. So, James believes Chloe is almost there and has been working with her on her tumbersalting skills.

Well, I am off now to wash the bathtub and toilet and finish up the laundry. Then I have a dress to finish today. I am almost done...just gotta do the sleeves and embellishments. Yay! Have a wonderful and merry last week of November everyone! God bless you all!

4 comments:

Crochetingangel said...

Anna, I loved watching your video. Just so wonderful watching your family. It is also our tradition as well to put all our things up the weekend after Thanksgiving, but also took all weekend just to get the tree done. The house still needs finished, maybe today.

Lady_MSnow said...

The video is wonderful! Seems like you had a great time. :D

laralou said...

So cute! I bet your family loved it.

Christine said...

I so enjoyed your video; it was such a fun little glimpse into your cute family.