Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Christmas Puzzle

Growing up, I remember our family would recieve a puzzle from a relative and it would then be set up on a card table in the corner of the room to be worked on during the rest of the season. I remember working on these puzzles, quite often. In fact, I believe I was the one who spent the most time putting them together. I loved it. If we happened to not recieve a puzzle for a year, that hindered not the tradition. We simply reached to the uppermost shelf of the closet and dusted off an old puzzle from years past.

This year I found a puzzle at Elijah's barrel (that "free" thrift store of sorts at our church)and decided I would begin this tradition in our house. Of course, I am the only one who will participate until Chloe gets a little older and can work with me. James will ask to put in the last piece. I always hate that, but hey...I love him. Gotta let him do something, right?

And this year's puzzle is...

Photobucket


...which has been started...

Photobucket


My goal is to have this completed by New Years Day. I am beginning to think that is not possible because I have put a few good solid hours into it already and am not much further along than the picture above. Shucks. Nothing like a little challenge for the holiday season, right?

And now, I leave you with a picture of us on Christmas Eve before we attended the candlelight service. I hope you all had a blessed and Merry Christmas.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Lady_MSnow said...

Beautiful picture of the family!

Teresa said...

Anna, the picture is beautiful but the puzzle looks daunting. Hope you achieve your goal of getting it finished by New Year's. Anyway, hope you had a Merry Christmas and hope you have an awesome New Year! The family portrait is just gorgeous and your baby is really growing fast!

Just little ol'me said...

OMG Anna you guys look so good. Did you cut your hair? Cloe has gotten so big, I miss reading you blog and doing projects for you but I will be back in the swing of things soon. Happy Holidays to you and the family.

Lara said...

We used to do puzzles at Christmas also. It was usually me and my dad. My son and I did them for awhile, but we kind of forgot about them the last few years. I might have to get one for when he gets back from his grandparents' house. Your picture is lovely of all three of you!

Bella said...

beautiful.. what more could I say?
xo