Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A Little Goal

In light of recent events in my life I have pulled out of quite a few meaningless "challenges" and the like. I am trying to "de-stress" my situation, so to speak. I realize that I am a dreamer and because of that, I tend to dream. (ummm, go figure, right?) When I dream, those dreams becomes ideas. Those ideas take shape and become things I would like to do. Once that happens and I decide to do it, they then become things I HAVE to do. The last process there (becoming something I HAVE to do) takes all the fun out of everything. I become stressed out because I can't comply. Or I CAN comply, but I no longer want to because I "have" to. Make any sense at all? Probably not.

Anyways, one of the things that has been stressing me out lately is my overcrowded sewing/craft room. There are so many projects in there that have yet to be completed. Things I have started and never got around to finishing. Things I lost interest in. Things I forgot about because they got buried underneath all those "new ideas". Even my fancy chair has no room to sit on for all the projects piled on it. My new little goal for myself (and its a small one since I don't want to stress myself out anymore) is that I am on a diet. I MUST complete at least 5 projects in my sewing room before starting anything new. That means no more "new" designs until some of these things get done and OUT of the sewing room.

Now granted, only 5 projects won't clear up much space. I know. There are so many things in there, gosh...I don't know what's wrong with me. BUT...I am starting with 5because, like I said earlier, I don't want to stress myself out with this little goal. The other thing is...I have a few more Christmas presents to make and I need to get started on those. But that is starting something new so I limited my goal to five just so I could get the gifts done in time.

Now I am off to finish up Chloe's quilt. I am almost done with the top. I ran into some problems yesterday but I will tell you more about that later. I need to get going if I am going to get it done today. Have a wonderful day everyone! God bless you all richly and abundantly.

1 comment:

Crochetingangel said...

Good luck with your projects and your quilt. It is much better to set those goals small, I have many a projects laying here and there that I have yet to finish as well then there no fun anymore when you HAVE to do them. I kind of have the same issues with starting things not finishing and then stressing because I have the mess then wanting to finish, and the list goes on, lol. I have to learn to set small goals for myself as well, I'm a work in progress. Hang in there, you made sense to me anyway.