Thursday, January 24, 2008

3 More Done and STILL a Billion to Go!

After crocheting for 3 days straight on the Winter Wonderland Ensemble (which you were privileged to preview yesterday) I laid down my hook today and took a little break. I decided to work on some sewing.

Dress #1

Photobucket


You may recognize this fabric. I made myself three skirts a few months ago with this brown cordouroy and the floral fabric in between. (remember the gored skirt?) Anyways, I thought it would be fun to have matching clothes with Chloe. (silly, right? But its what I have dreamed about since I was a little girl...matching dresses with my baby)

And the same pattern again, in a different cordouroy...

Photobucket


This one is so cute in person. The picture just doesn't do it justice. The flowers are embroidered onto the cordouroy. How cute is that? I actually bought this fabric to make a dress for myself (and YES!...I have the pattern...and NO!...its not cut out so as of right now it is not a WIP) There was enough fabric to make a dress for Chloe. Once again though, this dress pattern is a little too short for my taste, so I added a bit of lace at the bottom. I'm not particularly thrilled with the look, but its better than nothing. (and "nothing" shows panties while walking, so "nothing" is not an option) I couldn't find dark pink lace or even brown lace that was wide enough to amount to anything. So, I opted for this ecru and its okay. It will suit its purpose.

I found that applique in my stash of junk ...er...I mean "sewing supplies" and thought it looked perfect. Of course, I may have very well have purchased the applique for this dress, which could be why it goes so perfectly, but I don't remember. (fancy that)

Dress #3

Photobucket


Silly me didn't think to buy lace for this dress, so its just going to be a little short until I can get back to JoAnn's for more. I figure it will be fine around the house with tights on. At least you won't see any panties if there are tights on, right?

So why do I feel like I still have a billion WIPS to finish? Because that number is probably pretty close to the truth. Just to prove it to you, I will list out some of my WIPS here...

~ 2 nightgowns (cut out and ready to sew)
~ baby doll nightgown (cut out and ready to sew)
~ sewing organizer for my sister's birthday (half sewn)
~ knit sweater for Chloe (knit and ready to be assembled)
~ knit bed socks (half of one sock finished)
~ Lady Guinevere sweater (one sleeve left to crochet)
~ White and pink baby dress (bonnet done)
~ ecru baby dress (bodice started)
~ thread tablecloth (almost half done)
~ thread dishcloth set (one dress halfdone)
~ knit afghan (two squares done)
~ baby sweater (needs sleeves re-crocheted)
~ crocheted apron (needs skirt re-crocheted)
~ quilt (needs to be "quilted")
~ baby doll quilt (squares are cut)
~ Barbie dress set (halfway done)
~ girly afghan (one panel almost done)
~ Tea Shawl (a few rounds done)
~ flannel blanket (edge needs trimmed)
~ thread place settings (one complete setting done)
~ PK doily (one round left)

That's all I can think of. (or even feel like listing) Pretty close to a billion, don't ya think? And now its probably time to pick that hook back up and get on with the crocheting. I only have 1 1/2 rounds left for the bottom trim and then one more sleeve and the dress will be done. Why not work on it a bit more today? Have a great afternoon everyone. Hopefully you will see a completed Wonderland dress tomorrow.

4 comments:

Lady_MSnow said...

The dresses you have done look wonderful....I know what you mean about WIPs...I sure have a lot. :D

Bella said...

Anna, you have so much talent!! No matter what you make, it is truly beautiful. My gosh... wow!!!! I love everything. I could only hope to develop a talent like yours. Lovely!!
xo

catheryn said...

Oh, Anna all your work is so lovely. I enjoy coming here often, not only to look at your lovely work, but to read your lovely words. I am sorry I have not be able to be active on your testing forum, but with my MS acting up, I am afraid to commit to anything for fear of physically not being able to complete the project. Right now, things are going okay, but I never know how long a good period in time is going to last.
I am trying to finish up some wips I have in progress also, along with starting gifts for family members for next Christmas. I have to work like crazy during these good periods because the bad times sometimes last for months and no work gets done then!!
Keep up the beautiful work and stay strong in your faith!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Hi Anna! Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. WOW! You sure are one talented lady to create such adorable clothes for your daughter, who I might add is as cute as a button!

Take care and nice to meet you~
Becky