Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I Have To!

Philippians 1:21
"For me to live is Christ, to die is gain."


I've been thinking the past few days about my blog. I mentioned to you all a few days ago about my concerns. Things have rattled around up there in my head for long enough. I have prayed about it and finally today I got my sign. I was driving along on my way to watch James play a basketball game this evening and Toby Mac's cd Portable Sounds was playing on my stereo. My favorite song from that cd came on during my drive and it hit me.

"I don't want to gain the whole world, and lose my soul"

That's it! Plain and simple. What does it benefit me if I have the world reading my blog, if I lose my soul in the process. (and no...I am not talking about losing salvation here...that's not my point) What matters most in this world is Jesus. I want my life to please Jesus, to be a reflection of Him. And if that means that I lose readers on my blog because they are "offended by religous content" then so be it. If I lose my internet business because I love Jesus, then so be it. If I lose everything...my home, my husband, my daughter, my family, my friends because I follow Jesus then so be it. I would rather have lived my life for Christ.

So, I have to. I have to talk about my Savior when I write because He is so much a part of me that for me to not talk about Him, I would die. And someday...yes, someday, the world will know. They will know why. They will finally understand. And for some of them it will be too late. BUT...they will bow! They will surrender and they WILL bow before my Lord and Savior. I will bow before my King with love and rapture. But they will bow with fear and trembling. Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.




Princes and Paupers
Sons and Daughters
Kneel at the Throne of Grace
Losers and Winners
Saints and Sinners
One day we'll see His face

And we all bow down
Kings will surrender their crowns
And worship Jesus
For He is the Love
Unfailing Love
He is the Love of God

Summer and Winter
The Mountains and the Rivers
Whisper the Savior's name
Awesome and Holy
A friend to the lonely
Forever His love will reign

He's the Light of the World
And Lord of the Cross



I can't wait for that day. The day I see my Savior's face. I long to see Him smile down tenderly upon me, gingerly wipe the tears from my eyes and whisper softly into my ear "Well done, good and faithful child. I love you."

So, while I share the joys of homemaking, the delights of motherhood and my journey of crochet designing, there will be many references to the deeper part of my life. The spiritual side. I cannot and will not change that just to please a few people. I would rather lose those readers than give up what is most important to me. I have to talk about Jesus. He is my everything.

6 comments:

Lady_MSnow said...

Whether you know it or not... you have challenged me. Blessings to you. :D

Bella said...

I'm proud of you, Anna. Love Him with all that you are, and share it with everyone around you.

Kelli said...

Great post, Anna! I'm looking forward to what you share with us!
Kelli

Debra said...

Amen sister. Hey, I have been emailing you off and on for a while with no response- is my emails going into your spam folder?

Crochetingangel said...

I am very proud of you as well, and look forward to reading more. This is what we are here for as well is to tell the world about Jesus. Rejoice in him

Carri said...

There is no greater love than that which one can have for her Lord.

Hello again - just dropped by after a long silence to see your blog - see how you're doing. Love your site - love to crochet myself and thought I'd see what you've created of late.

I share your love and enthusiasm for our Lord and thought I'd tell you so.