Friday, January 25, 2008

Lady Guinevere Sweater, A First

I designed my first ever adult wearable. (can I get a wooo hooo?) Not only is this my first time designing an adult wearable, but its my first time every crocheting one. (keep in mind that I discount shawls, stoles or ponchos as wearables) I must say that I am quite pleased with my first effort. Take a look.

Photobucket


Its lacy. (gorgeous) Its wooly. (warm) Its green. (yummy) Its beautiful. (romantic) I tried to make it a little more fitted than a typical "boxy" type sweater. I wanted it to have some style and grace to it. So...I increased in certain places to make it "fitted" and I must say that I love it. I can still wear a shirt underneath it (and after looking at that picture, I highly recommend doing so since I can see some white under there that you shouldn't be seeing) and its not too bulky. I do wish I could have made the bottom lace a tad bit longer. One more repeat would have been good. I have less than a ball of my KnitPicks Telemark wool left though and I am afraid it wouldn't be enough to finish the repeat. So, its going to have to stay a bit shorter.

Photobucket


I will be typing this pattern up over the weekend and hopefully announcing it for testing on Monday. I am off now to eat something from my kitchen (what...I don't know yet, but it will be yummy) and then watch movies with Chloe. James is gone for the weekend so its just us girls. PARTY!!!! (which means chocolate)

6 comments:

Bella said...

Congratulations!! I love it! You look terrific in it as well.

catheryn said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!!! Cannot wait for your publication so I can buy it!!!

Books for you to read....The Miss Julia series by Ann B. Ross. Some of the sweetest stories you have ever read about a little ole widdowed Presbyterian lady and her great adventures in the Southwest portion of North Carolina. I love her books for several reason. They are quick reads,laugh out loud funny, great morals, and I recognize most of the places she is talking about because that is only about 45 miles from my home! I recommend her to everyone and I think you will really enjoy them. Just make sure you start with the first one in the series......

Brandie said...

Very cute!!

And about the thing a day, the themes are throwing me too. Ugh. I'm still racking my brain over here to come up with a game plan!

Lady_MSnow said...

I love it!

Lea said...

Hoy Moly that is just knock down drag out great!!!! I might even look good in somehting like that! You look great in that color too BTW...

Sandy said...

I found your website quite by accicent while doing a google search. Your crochet is precious. I love the way you laid out your blog and the spiritual content as well. Sandy
http://intheloopsandy.blogspot.com/