Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Latest Happenings

I am getting quite bad at this posting thing, aren't I? I did so good for most of the year last year. What happened?

Anyways, since its been a few days since my last post (almost a week???) I thought I would just update you all on things going on around this house. Let me see. Where to start? Hmmmm...

~ I have read probably about 6 books in the last week. Yup. Somewhere around there, anyways. I have found a new favorite Grace Livingston Hill book. It is The Finding of Jasper Holt. I love Grace Livingston Hill but this one is my new favorite. (that and Amorelle, and Partners and Homing...love Homing) I finished Kerry by her as well. I also read a few Janette Oak books. A Woman Named Damarias, A Searching Heart, A Quiet Strength, Like Gold Refined. Great books. I loved them. But the book that I am dying to tell you about is Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. If you only read one book for the rest of your life...make it this book. It will touch your heart. I promise. I laughed. I cried. I was convicted. It was the best book I have ever read. (but its not my favorite...nothing can take the place of Anne of Green Gables...NOTHING!)

~ I bought James a pedometer for Christmas. Guess who was the first to use it? (and the only one to use it?) Yup. Mwah! The little booklet it comes with says that a normal amount of "steps" you should walk in a day is 10,000. I figured I was pretty normal so I tried it on for a day. A "normal" day...whatever that is. Well, after a full day of "normalness" it only registered 2,200 steps. That's it. I was shocked. I decided that I had better do something about this. I mean, its no wonder I haven't lost my pregnancy weight, right? But I don't want to stress myself out so I am starting small. I walked around the block and wore my...er....I mean JAMES pedometer to see how many steps it was. 2500. Not bad. Not what I wanted, but not bad. So, I figure I can handle that much every day for a week. Any more than that and I will burn myself out. Then, next week I will increase it to one and a half times around the block. Then two times, two and a half, three and you get the picture. Hopefully I can get it up to 10,000 steps without killing myself. Do you realize how many steps that is??? (or am I just lazy?)

~ After reading Redeeming Love this weekend, I read the book of Hosea. The book was based off that book of the Bible. I was a bit disappointed though. Francine Rivers sure made it seem more romantic than it was. Oh...don't get me wrong. Hosea is pretty romantic when it comes to God's unconditional and redeeming love. But throughout most of Hosea, the Isrealites are getting ready to be punished for some pretty awful things. Things I don't even want to mention. Horrible and despicable things. But then God spoke to me and informed me that I have done some pretty horrible and despicable things in His sight. Oh, they may not be murdering children or anything like that...but they are certainly things God doesn't like. Take for instance little gods. He makes it pretty clear throughout the Bible that He doesn't really like it when people have other gods before Him. In fact, He hates them. Despises them. Abhors them. (are there any other strong "hate words" I could use here?) Well, I am quilty of that sin...so it hit me that I am really no better than the Isrealites were. I am in need of forgiveness and redeeming love just as they were. Hmmm...I couldn't sleep at all Sunday night.

~ So I got up with a headache Monday morning. Yuck. I had trouble sleeping again last night too. I don't know why since I was exhausted. About 9:30 last night I decided it was because I am not getting enough exercise and I wasn't about to lay in bed for another 8 hours wishing sleep upon myelf. I got up and found an abs workout on our television. (love that On Demand from Comcast...great stuff) Now I was expecting this thing to be about 30 minutes but I had NO intention of completing the full thing. Well, as I got going doing every sort of crunch imaginable...time was up. Yup. It was only 10 minutes. "I can handle this," I thought to myself. So, I have plans to do it again tonight...although my tummy is quite sore from last night, but hey! Gotta do something about this tummy fat, right?

~ Date night is changing. No more movies that I don't care to watch in the first place. No more 24. Okay...not entirely true. There will be some 24. But I asked James the other day what he would enjoy doing for date night. (aside from movies) He said he would enjoy fixing up the house with me. What? Yup. That's what he said. So, this past weekend, he bought some trim to make windowsills around our lovely basement windows (that I cemented in myself) and I started the lovely task of painting the walls. I am planning on taking it slow. One wall per weekend. The whole bottom half of the entire basement wall is stone facade. Terribly time-consuming to paint by hand. (which is why I am only tackling one wall at a time) But I have to say...even just the one wall I got done last weekend looks 100% better. It really brightens up the basement. (it is dark red on the bottom and dark tan on the top. I am changing it to light tan on the bottom and ivory on the top like the main floor of the house) I hope to get some pictures taken of the work this next Friday night.

~ I updated my website this morning. I haven't gotten around to re-crocheting the items that need re-crocheted and photographed so I wasn't able to release any new patterns yet. But I got a new sale going on. (first new sale since October...and I am supposed to have a new sale every month) I am way behind on business stuff but I am not going to stress about it. I am just going to take it one day at a time.

~ I release my new baby bunting for testing today. It is full up with testers too. Went quick. Anyways, I am working on a lovely little dress now for Chloe. It was supposed to be her Christmas dress but I didn't get it done in time and I am not going to stress out about it. It will get done when it gets done.

Well, I think that is enough updates for one day. Hopefull I won't wait a week before posting again. Who knows though. Who knows. I am not going to stress myself out about it. (do I keep saying that??? Well its true. I don't need any stress in my life) Have a great evening everyone!

2 comments:

Brandie said...

Sounds like a lot of things are going on around there, but it also all sounds wonderful!
Good luck with the walking. I SO need to start exercising (for so very many different reasons). You keep doing a good job and it might rub off on me! LOL! =)

(((((HUGS))))) sandi said...

You HAFTA read _A Basket of Flowers_. OH so GOOD! (((((HUGS))))) sandi