Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Magic Pill

A couple of months ago, my mother read my some articles she had regarding a certain "magic pill", as I now call it, that contributes to better sleep. She highly recommended me to try it due to my many nights of insomnia and lack of energy during the day.

The "magic pill"? Calcuim. Yup. Calcium.

Did you know that calcium actually aids in sleep? Why, you ask? Well, read this article and see for yourself.

I started taking gobs amount of calcium a couple of months ago and noticed I was sleeping a bit better. Still not what I would have liked, but much better none-the-less. Well, just to test it, I quit taking the calcium for two weeks. As a result, last week I had two completely sleepless nights in a row. That was enough for me. Back onto the calcium I went. Once again, I am sleeping better. Last night I slept all night and only woke up twice. Both those times I was able to roll over and immediately fall back asleep. Of course I would like to get to the point where I don't even wake up...that would be ideal, but for now, I am just thankful for the full night of sleep.

One more thing though. You MUST take vitamin D with your calcium or else your body won't absorb the calcium and it would render useless. Ever heard of drinking warm milk before bed? Yup. Calcium. I am so thankful for calcium.

2 comments:

Lady_MSnow said...

That is good to know. Maybe that is why I am having a harder time getting to sleep lately.

Brandie said...

That is very interesting to hear about .... hmmm .. I might have to try that.