Tuesday, January 22, 2008

School

For the past half a year, I have been having "school" with Chloe everyday for half an hour. We play with playdoh, dance to music, beat the drums while marching around the coffee table, thread shoelaces through shapes...if I can think of it, we have done it. Well, I decided that we need to take things to the next level. I asked a friend what curriculum she uses with her daughter (who is the same age as Chloe) and she guided me to this website.

Letter of the Week Preschool Curriculum

This is right up my alley. First, I will need to organize things. (which is something I ADORE doing)It will take discipline and commitment, but that is fun for me. (weirdo that I am)

I wanted to point out the reason why I chose this particular curriculum. It has everything. Numbers, letters, shapes, nursery rhymes, poems, books and more. It has everything listed out that you will need including lists of books to read that correspond with your weekly theme. (library visits...here I come) It has lists of what to do on what days of the week (because I am slightly anal retentive like that) It has coloring pages to print out that also correspond with the weekly theme.

Boy am I excited to get started. I think Chloe will love it as well. I will let you know how it goes. (I plan on gathering stuff this week and starting next week) Now I am off to continue crocheting on this never-ending dress. (been working on it for about a month and it just seems like its never going to get done)

2 comments:

Lady_MSnow said...

I think Chloe will have lots of fun and so will you. :D

Brandie said...

I know others who have used it and loved it, and I hope you will enjoy it too!

And yes, do thing-a-day with me! You don't need to do big projects each day! Just small ones =) And thanks for the comments on my drawing. They are much appreciated!