Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Why Read a Blog???

In doing some "blogsurfing" this morning, I came across a blog I have often read. I noticed that my name was not on the blogroll. Why would I notice this? Well, because my name has been on this blogroll since about the time I started blogging. Its always been there and now its not. Now, granted, I do not know this person well. I know of this person, but have never spoken with this person or become friendly with them.

On pondering this subject further, I realized that this bothers me. I couldn't get it out of my head. Why am I no longer on the blogroll? Have I offended this person somehow? Is my blog somehow not worthy anymore? Now, don't get me wrong. This person has every right in the world to do what they wish with their blogroll. They can read whatever blog they want to and it doesn't have to be mine. I have no right, whatsoever to be offended. But it got me thinking...and questioning. What was it about my blog that interested this person in the first place? And why, after two years are they now dis-interested?

That got me thinking even further. If this person is no longer intestested in my blog, are there others? And if so...why? That is my question for the day. Why? So I ask you, my readers, why?

Why do you read my blog? (if you have been reading for a while)

What do you like about my blog that brings you back?

Are my posts too long? Too short??? Too religious? Not religious enough? Too sporatic? Too personal?

I am just curious this morning. I have been questioning my purpose in blogging lately and finding my name no longer on a blogroll this morning just reiterated the fact that maybe I need to re-think things. If people (you all) like my blog as is, then I am doing okay. If I don't have any readers (or am losing readers), then maybe I need to change it up a bit. So tell me, please tell me...why are you reading this?

9 comments:

Lady_MSnow said...

I always love hearing what's going on in your family...since I seem to "know" you so well from the testing forum. ;) When you share...I get a glimpse of what is going on in your life right now. And...we have daughters the same age. :D

Brandie said...

Well, it could be your blog was deleted by accident. It could have been removed when you took that break around Christmas time. It could be that for a time, what you were writing was what that person needed to be reading, but now they need to be reading another blog.
Maybe they added too many blogs to their daily reading and realized they needed to cut back some and sadly your blog was one of the ones eliminated. (which is something I have to do. I tend to keep adding and adding and get to a point where I have to realize I can NOT read 300+ blogs on a regular basis and be a good momma anymore).
But I do enjoy your blog and I love seeing all the things you have made and hearing the stories and all that stuff. =)

Crochetingangel said...

I love reading your blog just as is, I enjoy reading about what is going on with you and your family, your inspirational posts, and of course all your crafting. I think you are a wonderful writer and enjoy reading all of it. I look forward to reading your blog each day.

Bella said...

I read it because I am honestly interested in your daily life apart from the forum. I wish with all my heart that I lived closer to you, but since I don't, this is the best way I can see you often, and hear about the "little" things that fill your day. Your true colours shine here, and I love seeing them :)

Lea said...

Well, I read your blog because you are me 20 years ago ~smile~ and..I love you!

Victoria said...

I looovvveee your blog. On my list of (way) too many blogs to read yours is in the top 4. I love your creativity, your productivity, and your style. Your blog is an inspiration when I am feeling lazy. Your faith and your growth in Christ are a blessing to watch. I love how you love your family. You are serious, but don't take yourself too seriously. Oh, and I also have an incredibly, unbelieveablely cute daughter named Chloe, 2 1/2 yrs. old with the most gorgeous curls. Must be something about the name...
Keep up the wonderful, inspiring, fascinating blogging!

Just little ol'me said...

I have been reading your blog every since I started doing mine. I know you from your test site (love it) and Crochetville (haven't been there in a while). True I'm not a religious person and don't got to church I have no problem listening/reading about other people and their love for Him.

I don't think that you talk about Him to much, or your daily life, that's what I love about your blog, it's like talking to a friend on the phone and catching up with them. It's very relaxing and natural.

Just little ol'me said...

by the way....why aren't I on your sidebar? lol

chmnstoy said...

I started reading your blog when I took an interest and finally started putting hook to yarn to crochet. I enjoy reading your stories. I find your way of writing, is how I talk sometimes. Plus, I would love to be home with my daughter, who is 11, and reading about your times with your daughter reminds me of when I did stay home with her. I would sew her pretty dresses and she loved telling everyone mommy made it. Who wouldn't want that?? (oh, boo-hoo - a tear comes to my eyes) Of course, at 11, dresses are a thing of the past and its jeans and sneakers! Keep up the writing; you seem to enjoy it and there are so many of us who stop by from time to time and check in. You are a blessing to those people whose lives you have touched in some way or another. Take care!!!