Saturday, February 23, 2008

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures

This morning was no exception to that rule.

Photobucket


Above you see James sleeping on the couch about 10 minutes after he got out of bed. Chloe is next to him.

We had a late night last night. We didn't get home until after 12:00 midnight and apparently James figured the perfect end to our evening of Shakespeare would be a Cav's game. Yes, a very fitting conclusion, I must say. Of course, I only stayed up for about 20 minutes of the game and then I went to bed, read a couple of chapters of Miss Read Village School, and finally, when I could no longer keep my eyes focused on the page, fell asleep.

My little angel of a girl awoke at 6:23 am, a whole 67 minutes before the scheduled wake up time, climbed into bed with us and there concluded our abbreviated slumber. Needless to say that coffee suddenly became crucially important this morning. In my groggy state, I brewed my pot of coffee and proceeded to "doctoring" it up. I went to the cupboard and alas! No sugar!! (remember yesterday and my ordeal with the sugarless scones? Yup...still no sugar) Well, that's okay because I can always use brown sugar. I've done it before and it wasn't so bad that time. Upon opening the cupboard a second time I realized that I used the last of the brown sugar yesterday in those Cowboy Candy Bars. Oh crumbs! I GOTTA HAVE SOME COFFEE...and I do mean NOW!!!

I did what any caffine-deprived mama would do.

Photobucket


I used confectioner's sugar.

Hey! It wasn't so bad. In fact, I am gearing up for a second cup. So, now we are on our way out the door to watch maple sap be turned into sugar. FUN! I will be sure to take plenty of pictures to share our adventure with all of you. Ya think I'll be able to buy some real maple syrup?

5 comments:

Bella said...

lol girl, you're too funny. I woudn't have thought to use confectioners sugar. I would have been in my car as quick as possible heading to the nearest coffee shop! I'm glad you had such a nice night. xo

Amy said...

I've heard maple sugar is good, too, but honey makes it taste funny. I'm not much of a coffee drinker myself, so I can't offer first-hand experience.

Kelli said...

Sometimes we coffee fans have to do what we have to do to survive. LOL
Hugs,
Kelli

Karly said...

Anna,

I love your creativity! The confectioner's sugar was a great idea!

And, is everyone caught up on sleep?

Anna, I love your old fashion way about you. Thanks for letting me stop by! :)

Lady_MSnow said...

I can't believe I missed so many of your posts! Oh well...hope you had a great outing. So...where are the pictures? :D