Thursday, February 07, 2008

Lots of Things

I am behind in posting my Thing-A-Day things. I have been creating things just not posting them. We had some unexpected company come this week (thank you for the wonderful visit Amy) but more on that later in this post. First I would like to show you Things 2 and Things 3. (there are two of each...because I couldn't stop myself at just one each day)

Things 2
Photobucket


Yup. More mug cozies for the Boutique. These are a dusty rose color. Same rose button as before on one of them, but a vintage button a friend gave me last year on the other one. I love these mug cozies. So quick and cute.

Things 3
Photobucket


So, that brings me up to Monday. Well, Amy was here Monday and we had a delightful visit. I took her to Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft stores and I think she about fainted at the size of it. (as I did when I first entered this particular store...its like a Jo-Ann warehouse...biggest one I have ever encountered in my life) Anyways, we decided to something entirely "girly" so we bought about $40 worth of beads and charms to make stitch markers. So, I present to you...

Things 4
Photobucket


I wish I could take some better photographs this evening but alas we have dark clouds out and the lighting in my house isn't the best at nightime. The colors of these beads is gorgeous and the stitch markers came out charming. They were a breeze to make as well. I believe it took me about an hour to make all of these. We were watching Anne of Green Gables while making them too. Amy has never seen Anne or even read the books. I couldn't believe it when I heard that and as soon as we even discussed the topic of her coming for a visit I knew we would watch those movies.

Now I present...

Things 5
Photobucket

Photobucket


That last stitch marker was a special gift from my dear friend Amy. She bought the pink heart charm for me so I can always remember her visit. Such a lovely stitch marker. I will never forget the lovely time we had Amy.

And now...to share some pictures of Amy's visit. Chloe was a ham the whole time. (what's new?

Photobucket


Here she is wearing her "glasses" she stole from Mr. Potato Man. This picture was taken about 2 hours after she donned the glasses. Yup. That's right. She wore them around for about 2 hours before I got around to snapping the picture. She really was quite cute.

Chloe and her new little friend had a delightful visit. She cried and cried when they had to leave yesterday. Its rare that she gets to hang out with a little girl her age and they sure did love each other.

Photobucket


Photobucket


I had a delightful visit with my friend Amy and am now making plans to join her this summer in Prince Edward Island. Ohhh...I can hardly wait. I MUST see the Green Gables house and find some Raspberry Cordial. I also hope to save up some money and buy ALL of LM Montgomery's books. Maybe not from PEI though...they are probably quite expensive there. (touristy prices and all)

My sweet friend Amy didn't stop at just coming to visit. Oh no. She went and ordered me an early birthday present for me. (my birthday isn't until April so this was quite unexpected) She ordered me the most beautiful hair sticks from none other than Blue Moon Artistry. (the owner also happens to be a dear friend of mine) Well, the package arrived today.

Photobucket

Doesn't it look lovely in pink? (who knew it was my favorite color, right?) But it gets better.

Photobucket

Pink teapots. Whoa Baby! Like I said...they couldn't suit me better. Then, dear Michele went completely out of her way and made me some matching earrings.

Photobucket


Oh...I am delighted with them. Thank you Amy and Michele for being so kind and generous and such delightful friends. I know you both are kindred spirits. I love you both.

Now I am off to figure out what I want to make today for Thing #6. I am thinking some baby bloomer might be good tonight. I do have a headache though so that might hinder my ability to crochet quickly enough to get them done. Maybe a dishcloth then? We will have to see what speaks to me when I enter the craft room.

6 comments:

Bella said...

I couldn't be happier that you love them as much as I hoped you would :)

Anna, you are a beautiful, dear lady. I admire you and love you for the gentle soul that you are. I thank you for opening your home to us and sharing your days with us. You are very precious to me, and I want you to know my life has been enriched since God was kind enough to share you with me. I am proud of you. You are an inspiration, and I respect you so much. James is a wonderful man, and I have a great deal of respect for him, too. Not to mention how cute and funny he is too! Chloe is a precious little angel. She stole my heart, and it really was quite difficult to say goodbye to such a darling little "ham". What a blessing your family is, I love you all so very much.
Now.. let me explain to all of your readers about this picture!! :) I was sobbing before they took that!! That's ok though, lol, a girl's allowed to cry! I just asked them next time to take the picture before I start to cry!!
My visit may have been short, but my memories are rich and vibrant, and they will live with me everyday. I love you dear friend, and for the record... you really are Anne with an E ;)xo

Kelli said...

Wow! It looks like you and Amy had a fun time together! I love the mug cozies and the stitch markers are beautiful!
Kelli
P.s Thank you for visiting my blog and entering my giveaway!

Just little ol'me said...

Oh Anna those stitch markers look beautiful and Chole looks like she is having so much fun.

Anna said...

Actually, Amy...to be more accurate, I prefer to be called "Anne with an a". LOL. I am so glad you had a delightful time. I hope you gathered strength and courage from the Lord during your stay to forge on ahead in the path God has planned for your life. God bless you dear one.

Michele/BlueMoonArtistry said...

Oh goody! I am glad the hair sticks and earrings arrived safely and that you like them. I did not realize that Amy was visiting...how fortunate that they arrived while she was still there so that she could enjoy your surprise!

Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any problems with your hair sticks or earrings. I hope you get much pleasure out of wearing them!

Bella said...

lol, silly thing, yes you do have the A! I'm starting to think that you wrote the scripts! I am going to rent the next one because I have to see them all!