Monday, February 11, 2008

Sunflower Bloom Doily

At long last, a doily for you. I don't recall when the last time I completed a doily was...let alone a doily for myself. It would seem that imposing my Anne of Green Gables 37 doily challenge on myself I have withdrawn from crocheting doilies altogether. That has to stop. I love doilies. I need more doilies. I must crochet doilies.

And what better doily to crochet than a good ole Patricia Kristofferson doily, I ask? NONE. There is nothing better than a PK doily. So I present to you Sunflower Bloom from the book Absolutely Gorgeous doilies by Patricia Kristofferson.

Photobucket


I used some vintage Coats and Clark size 30 ecru thread for this doily. I love this thread. Its truly "vintage" in both color and charm. Did I mention that I love this thread? I used a size 10 hook for this one. She turned out quite lovely and just...oh...just so...ummm...Perfect.

Photobucket


I am off now to decide where in my home to put her. I am thinking my built-in bookshelves at the bottom of my stairs.

4 comments:

Lady_MSnow said...

Another exquisite doily. ;D

Brandy said...

Beautiful Anna! I've never crocheted something so intricate or small. You're very talented! As for the pillowcase nighties, I didn't use a pattern. I'm considering doing a tutorial as I've had some interest. But it's really easy I promise!

Ashlie said...

Beautiful doilies Anna! Thanks for the tips about the tea; I just may have to try some of that PG Tips.

Bella said...

It's lovely Anna... you did such a wonderful job on it. Do you have your 37 yet?
xo
BTW it would look really pretty on that bookshelf, then you could admire it everytime you come down the stairs.