Thursday, May 22, 2008

Don't Forget to Dance

I am so saddened by the news James told me this morning. Steven Curtis Chapman lost his youngest daughter yesterday to a tragic accident. He has been one of my favorite christian music artists since I began listening to contemporary christian music at the age of 11 or 12. I don't know why, but this news hit me a bit hard today. Maybe its because I know Mr. Chapman is such a standup guy and a wonderful Christian man and father. Maybe its because he adopted children and I dream of adopting some of my own. Maybe its because of his latest song which has quickly become one of my favorites. Maybe its because I am reminded how short life is and how much I need to live in each moment I have with my own little girl.

I don't know, but I have tears in my eyes as I type this and I have never met Mr. Chapman. His music has touched my heart through the years and now this tragedy touches me as well. Even though I have never met them, the Curtis are part of my family, the family of God and when one family member hurts, we all hurt.

So, I urge you to listen to this song by Steven Curtis Chapman and take his advice. Go dance with your Cinderella. Go make a mud pie. Drive a dump truck in the garden. Fly a kite. Climb a tree. Blow bubbles. These precious years don't last long.



1 comment:

Sue said...

I know how you feel Anna. I heard it on my local christian radio station yesterday, on the way to my ob appointment. It saddened me very much. We all need to remember the entire family in our prayers. Especially her older brother, the one who was driving the vehicle that caused her death. I to like you just love his new song.