Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Imagination

A few nights back I was lying in bed awake with sleep eluding me. My mother once suggested that I pray to help me fall asleep. Hmmm...that might work for some people who find prayer boring or something but not for me. Praying excites me and gets my mind all worked up and...well...excited. Praying is out for me if I want to fall asleep.

I then decided that I would imagine heaven; a very peaceful activity. Practicing this pastime is quickly becoming an addiction of mine. I can't get enough of it. I daydream all day long; while I am working, while I am reading my Bible and just pretty much all the time. Its one of my favorite things to do when I have nothing else to do. Its also becoming one of my favorite things to do even when I DO have something else to do.

So, the other night I began to imagine myself in heaven with Jesus. We walked along through a meadow holding hands. In the distance I saw hills and cliffs very much like the alps. Some were even covered in snow. I saw a couple of mountain goats and tigers playing on the rocks. (in heaven we have perfect vision so we can see far away things...that's going to be so nice to not have to wear glasses) The meadow grasses waved gently in the breeze and the flowers danced as we meandered past. So many flowers surrounded us. Black eyed Susans, Carnations (yes...in this particular meadow there were carnations...its heaven after all, right? Anything is possible in heaven) and Lady's Slippers. They were all there. Purple, pink, red and blue. Some yellow and orange flowers too. Colors I have never seen before. It was so beautiful we just had to lay down amongst them.

As we lay there and the aroma from the flowers drifted to our noses, we gazed into the sky and watched the clouds float by. Jesus pointed to a cloud and told me what it looked like. I pointed to the next cloud and said it looked like a squirrel. Then Jesus took his finger and reached up into the sky and swirled the clouds around to make new pictures. We giggled together over some of the designs he made. Amazed, I watched him form a picture of me with the clouds. It took my breath away.

As I lay there, shoulder to shoulder with my Savior, a flower tickled my ear and as I turned my head to look at it, I caught a glimpse of a fairy sitting on the flower.

WHOA! Wait a minute!!! I immediately stepped out from my daydreaming. "There aren't any fairies in heaven, are there God?" I asked. Do you wanna know what His reply was? My very next thought was this verse (a little out of context)

Mark 10:27 - Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God."


I got to thinking that God can do ANYTHING. I highly doubt He is done creating. I expect that He will be creating for all eternity. After all, He is a Creator. That is His character. God never changes. He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. And He created us to be like Him. We were created in His image. So isn't it conceivable that He would give us our imaginations to help us imagine things He wants us to imagine? If we, as humans, can imagine fairies (someone had to be the firsts one to imagine them) then isn't it possible that God planted that imagination in them? Concluding thus that fairies could be in heaven? Or something very similar to fairies? God can do it. He can. God can do anything, right?

I honestly believe that there will be things in heaven that will blow our minds. We can't even begin to imagine all that will be in heaven. God gave us imaginations. Some of them are pretty vivid and exciting, but we still can't imagine all that God has for us in heaven. Our limited imaginations prevent us from doing so. Doesn't it just make you so excited? I wanna go there so bad. I can hardly wait. I am dying to know if there are fairies in heaven. I wanna have a fairy over for tea in my cottage in heaven. Ahhh...what fun. A tea party with a fairy and Jesus. Now that would be fun.

Now I am off to clean up the kitchen from breakfast with Chloe and feed the cat. Have a blessed day everyone. And don't forget to daydream about heaven every now and again. Its good for you. Really, really good for you.

1 comment:

Lady_MSnow said...

What wonderful things to imagine. :D