Monday, August 04, 2008

Bavarian Delights

I just wanted to share some more photos of Leavenworth with you all. This really is one of the coolest places in the world. It rates right up there with Stratford-upon-Avon in my book. I suggest you grab a towel or cloth of some sort as this post may leave you drooling all over your keyboard.

Photobucket


I could leave it at that picture alone and I know you all would want to go there. But I can't do that. I MUST show you more!!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


All the shops in this village are painted decoratively and have flower boxes everywhere. Its gorgeous. The construction did take away from the ambiance a tad, but oh...what a gorgeous place. And the German food was to die for. I loved it!!! Reminded me of when we lived in Germany...although the Bratwurst was quite a bit more spendy than it was while living there.

The coolest thing was seeing the doggie dishes filled with water outside the shops. Each shop would put out a doggie dish for the dogs. I guess its a dog-friendly place. Tons of people were walking around the village with thier dogs in tow. What a fun place.

Now I leave you with two more embroidered squares for that quilt I told you I was working on. Have a wonderful day!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Lady_MSnow said...

That looks like it would have been wonderful to visit...and the squares are very pretty. :D