Thursday, September 25, 2008

New Winter Coat

Last fall I bought some gorgeous wool fabric with a velvet floral print in dark brown all over it with the intention to make a winter coat for Chloe. Today I finally got around to sewing that coat.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I lined it with pink lining. (could a little girl's coat be lined with any other color???) I used Butterick 4650 which now says its out of print. Very cute coat. I decided NOT to add the faux fur collar though. I made just a simple collar from the same fabric as the dress.

I still have to add the buttonholes and the buttons. There just wasn't enough time today to finish everything. Tomorrow is Boutique day and I am hoping to start a new Christening dress. I am thinking either Angel Traditions or Angel Kisses. Have a great evening everyone.

2 comments:

Lady_MSnow said...

Great Job Anna...make sure to show a modeling picture of it. :D I am sure Chloe loves it!

Mindy said...

I LOVE the cute little coat! This is my first time commenting, but I just wanted to say that I love your blog!
Mindy