Monday, November 10, 2008

Ack! I'm Stuck!

Awww Schucks! I hate it when this happens. Oh. Wait a minute. This has never happened before. Uhhhhhh....you see...I started something big. Something real big. Not big in size but big in evolution and my level of excitement. (oh...and the yarn is fairly large as well too)

What is it, you ask? Well, I am designing my first project using a schematic. That's right. After studying a bit in my Inspired to Knit book about how to draw a schmatic, I took that knowledge and put it to practice. I drew a schematic for a simple scooped neck top. And I actually crocheted it too. (just for my size...I've not gotten far enough to size it up yet) Here is a little sneak peek at it. (the scoop neck portion)

Photobucket


Its perfect. That's all I can say. I am extremely pleased with how well the scoop neck turned out after using the schematic. I do have to admit that it would have been much easier to follow the schematic (and measurements that went into the schematic) if I had used a smaller yarn. Its hard to acheive a 1/4 inch size measurement with a bulky yarn. Actually...you can't.

Anyways, what does this have to do with my being stuck? Well, the top is finished. All, that is, except for the sleeves. I have yet to learn how to draw a schematic for sleeves and the book is vague on that point. I am not clearly understanding it at all. And if that weren't enough...I have no clue what style of sleeve I want. So, even if I did know how to draw a schematic for a sleeve, I would still be as stuck as I am now. Ahhh...the perils of designing. To be stuck at such a point, only an hour away from completion. What a fix I now am in.

Have a wonderful evening everyone. I am off to see about knitting something. What, I don't know. Maybe just perusing my knitting books. Or I could work on a square for my afghan. Whatever strikes my fancy. (which changes about once every 2.5 minutes)

2 comments:

LadySnow said...

It's looking good and I can't wait to see the finished product. :D

Crochetingangel said...

Looks great, I'm sure you will get the sleeves figured out and will be perfect.