Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Ginger Time of Year

I love ginger. I adore it. I could live off it. This is my favorite part of Christmastime. Ginger-everything.

Gingerbread (the real stuff...not the cookie)
Gingerbread cookies
Gingersnaps
Gingerbread houses
Candy corn (oops...wrong holiday. But I still love the stuff)

Now don't get me wrong. I love other holiday fragrances. All spice, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg just to name a few, but nothing says Christmas to me like ginger.

Today we began the ginger portion of our holiday baking. My delicious gingerbread (the real stuff...not the cookie) just popped out the oven and the aroma is filtrating my house at this very moment. (that and the country-fried steak that's about to go in the oven as soon as my chocolate cake roll comes out) Yum! I can't wait until Ladies Night Out tomorrow night at which I will be sampling this seasons gingerbread.

Also, I would like to show you our Gingermen (and ladies) on skies. These are what Chloe and I made for the cookie contest that will take place at the Ladies Night Out tomorrow night.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Have a gingery sort of evening everyone!

2 comments:

LadySnow said...

Oh my goodness! Those are the cutest cookies I have ever seen! :-)

wildthing1058 said...

Anna,

Those cookies are so adorable they are just to cute to eat


Deborah