Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Can You Smell That?

Can you smell what I smell? Go ahead. Stick you nose right up against the computer screen and take a huge whiff. Did you get it? Yes? No???? That which you smell (or don't smell if your smeller is not quite as proficient as it needs to be) would be the Chocolate Walnut Brownie bread we baked this afternoon - minus the walnuts, of course. (so hubby will eat it)

Let me tell you something because I forgot to tell you after Christmas. My husband is the BEST husband in the entire world. No one has one better. NO ONE. Do you wanna know why?

After 10 years of begging and pleading and hinting and crying and fussing and whining and imploring and beseeching on my part, he finally broke down and bought me a surprise. My very own Kitchen Aid Mixer! You know it was a surprise since I've been asking for one for the past ten years and had finally succumbed to the fact that I was never gonna get one. You should have seen the look on my face. I should have seen the look on my face. Boy oh boy...

And that thing has been running non-stop ever since.

Photobucket


So, that is the chocolate walnut bread from this cookbook and is quite yummy. So far this week we have sampled

Cinnamon Raisin Bread (minus the raisins),
Foccocia bread,
Thin Crust Pizza Dough,
Farmhouse Buttermilk Bread,
and
Chocolate Walnut Bread (minus the walnuts)

In addition to those breads, I also began my very own sourdough starter this week.

Photobucket


My mother bought me a subscription to Mary Jane's Farm magazine for Christmas and this starter was in the January issue along with some fantastic bread recipes I plan to try. Yummy! The house smells delicious. I think I shall go have another piece of Chocolate Walnut Brownie Bread minus the walnuts and slathered with butter before I brush my teeth and head to bed. Good night everyone.

3 comments:

Crochetingangel said...

I am so happy for you, that all looks so yummy. I love my Kitchen aid mixer, isn't wonderful?

LadySnow said...

What a wonderful hubby indeed. You know that I can't live without my kitchen aid either. That bread looks delicious. Too bad...I would have to save that for our "free day." But it looks delicious...but we WOULD add the nuts. And...you are so lucky to get that magazine. I love her books and have always wanted to get a subscription to the magazine and get the books. I love checking them out from the library.....LOTS. :-)

Anna said...

Ya...I need to check out her book from the library as well. I love this magazine so much I don't know why I haven't yet.