Friday, January 30, 2009

Fear

Fear:
1. a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid.
2. a specific instance of or propensity for such a feeling: an abnormal fear of heights.
3. concern or anxiety; solicitude: a fear for someone's safety.
4. reverential awe, esp. toward God.
5. that which causes a feeling of being afraid; that of which a person is afraid

fear, angst, anxiety, cold sweat, cowardice, trepidation, foreboding, misgivings, jitters.

At this point, you may be asking, "Why the fear? What does Anna have to be afraid of?"

Let me show you.

Photobucket


Yes, I have gray hair and that gray hair must disappear. But, while I was shopping for the perfect dark brown hair dye that would match my current hair color, James asked me to go a different color. I think he would love me blonde or something. So, I went all out and bought red. This was as adventurous as I could handle. Please note: this dye was purchased a week ago and has yet to make it into my hair. (I guess the adventure died out when I got it home.)

Today is the day. At some point today I will go from being a brunette to a red head. I am scared senseless.

6 comments:

Jo Hoffacker said...

Don't feel scared! I use this on my light brown hair and get lots of compliments. Just be sure not to get it in your eyebrows. :)

Anna said...

Ohhhh...thank you so much for the encouragement. I have yet to do it today. Maybe later...or tomorrow. lol. I am VERY chicken. But thank you. I feel a bit less scared now. :)

Anonymous said...

If you're scared about the color, maybe try one of those nonpermanant colors that will wash out in a few shampoos. You can read about the names to look for at http://clairol.com/products/products.jsp

I used wash out colors for years after a bad dye job, and if you are afraid, that would be the safest thing to try. I believe Clairol even has similir or exact colors for the wash out vs. permanent colors so you should be able to find one that looks like this box.

Thought that might help you. I started coloring my gray a few years ago too and I'm only in my mid 30s. *groan*

Lea said...

Just did mine "cherry cordial" I've been doing it since I was your age... its fun!! I've been a blond a few times..... a red head a few times... a brunette....

" Go Anna!!!!"

Anna said...

Thanks guys. Unfortunately, my hair looks NOTHING like the box. Most of my hair looks identical to what it was before. My roots are splotchy red. I'm going to a salon tomorrow.

Debs said...

I totally sympathise, however fear is:

False
Evidence
Appearing
Real

Hope that helps!! :)

Debs x