Monday, January 19, 2009

Mini Quilt

If you haven't thought me crazy before, I guarantee you will now. This past summer I saw the most amazing mini quilt in the bed and breakfast we stayed at. This quilt was the size of a sheet of paper and hung on the wall in a frame. It almost looked as if a regular quilt had been photographed or painted, but no. It was a REAL quilt in miniature.

Well, as many of you know...I have a fascination with all things tiny and I just HAD to try my hand at a mini quilt of my own. Here is what I came up with from my scrap tote.

Photobucket


And here's the crazy part. I LIKED IT! Yep. I liked it so much I have plans to make more. And eventually, once I muster up the courage, I will attempt some triangles or other quilt squares instead of just a four-patch square.

Just to give you an idea of the size of this quilt, I have a picture of a regular key sitting on the quilt.

Photobucket


Each teeny square is 1". Sewn together with a 1/4" seam allowance they become a whopping 1 1/2" four-patch square. WOW! That is tiny. And I want to make more!

3 comments:

LadySnow said...

Wow! That is super tiny. But I love it...especially the color. :-)

Anna said...

What is the smallest doll Sweet E owns?

Crochetingangel said...

That is beautiful and just so little. I love it.