Thursday, January 29, 2009

Unboxing Myself

My mother claims that I box myself in too much. I stifle myself. A couple of weeks ago I mentioned to her that I might buy only handmade items for Christmas gifts this next year. I thought the idea sounded brilliant. My mother, on the other hand, didn't. While she supported the idea of my purchasing homemade gifts, she thought that by saying "only" I would limit myself, thus putting that box around myself.

This is not the only instance I box myself in. I do it all the time. So, lately I have been un-boxing myself. Removing those boxes that hinder me from doing and being who I enjoy being. While I believe routines are important, when I have too many of them, I am no longer free to create. I lose my joy and I find myself spiraling downwards into a dark place I don't want to be.

So off come some boxes.

Today I felt like crocheting one of my old patterns. My Vintage Style Clutch. I was inspired to crochet her last night as I fingered my ribbons and fondled my stash of lace. This afternoon I actually finished the first half of my purse.

Photobucket


So, now I am off to start the second side of this purse and then cook dinner. Leftover pork chops tonight. YUM! I am hoping I can finish this purse tonight and embellish it in the morning. Its going to be GORGEOUS!

4 comments:

Dayhomemama said...

Anna, what a sweet blog. I love your puppet and you've inspired me to make a few (I've kept the socks just haven't gotten around to doing it!) and now I'll have to ask you for the thin crust pizza recipe. I need one ASAP, tomorrow I'm making pizza for the kids, help and thanks!!!

Anna said...

I posted this on twitter but just in case you missed it there, here it is again. This is my favorite dough recipe ever.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pizza-Dough-I/Detail.aspx
I let mine rise though...I have something with letting yeast rest and rise. I let my yeast sit in warm water for about 10 minutes and then I mix it all together, run the kitchen aid for about 5 minutes and then let is rise for about 30-45 minutes. Let me know how you like it. :)

LadySnow said...

I can't wait to see it finished. :-)

Debs said...

Hi Anna
I've just found your blog and it look so pretty and welcoming, before I get into reading it all I just wanted to say that i'm excited to see the finished result of your bag..its so pretty so far!!

Debs