Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Year of the Finished Afghan

This will be it. This will be the year I finish my knitted afghan. I can feel it in my bones. Yesterday I finally finished square 43 (which is square number 8 for my afghan.) 12 more squares to go! Woo Hoo!

Photobucket


Boy am I feeling good about this. I can see that I need to work on my bind off edge a little bit but those cables look fantastic for my first attempt. Not anywhere near as hard as I anticipated them being.

I am off now to shine things up for our open house today. (After a second cup of coffee. I am needing it today.) Have a wonderful Saturday.

4 comments:

LadySnow said...

Praying that you have a successful open house! Also..I can't wait to see that afghan. It will be beautiful!

Lis said...

wow - that is super fast progress finishing that square, and it's beautiful! i have yet to venture into cables myself. so excited for you and your finished afghan!

Anna said...

Lis, You should try it. Its actually not as hard as it first seems. If you can handle knitting, then you can handle cables. Just be warned that it goes slower than regular purl or knits.

Crochetingangel said...

That looks great! If you don't mind me asking what book are you using for this afghan? This is something I would like to use, I like the idea of the different squares for the afghan. And I would really like to try my hand at knitting again.