Thursday, February 19, 2009

Itchy Knees

A recent conversation between dearest Chloe and I...

Chloe: "My knee itchy Mama."
Me: "Oh. Do you need to scratch it?"
Chloe: "Yes."

pause

Chloe: "Do your knee itch, Mama?"
Me: "Nope."
Chloe: "Do your hand itch?"
Me: "Nope"
Chloe: "Do your head itch?"
Me: "Nope"
Chloe: "Do you ear itch?"
Me: "Nope"
Chloe: "Do you have buggies in your ear?"
Me: (after a chuckle or two) "No, sweetie. No buggies today."
Chloe: "Do you have rabbits in your ear?"
Me: "Hmmm...you know what Chloe? I think I just might have rabbits in my ear."
Chloe: "You need me to scratch your ear, Mama?"
Me: "Yes, Chloe. That would be lovely. Can you please scratch my ear?"
Chloe: "And I get the rabbits out, Mama."

2 comments:

Dayhomemama said...

Anna, aren't they incredible? I just love hearing what babies have to say!

Anna said...

They certainly are. :) Every day Chloe says or does something that cracks me up.