Friday, February 27, 2009

Spring Blossom Sandals

I did it! I really did it! I designed some baby booties. Baby Sandals to be precise. I know I said I was giving up designing, but I just couldn't help myself. Let me show you my sandals and then I shall explain the sudden burst of designing inspiration.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


That is the sandal in plum for a 6m size baby.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Those are warm rose sandals for an 18m size baby. They were a custom order through my website. She asked me to design some baby booties to go with my Spring Blossom dress she had ordered (and I made) a couple of weeks ago and this is what I came up with. I did modify the design a bit after I finished her set. I made the shell stitch around the sole of the bootie more "ruffly".

So, why the sudden desire to design another crochet pattern? Well, I have come to the conclusion the past few weeks that having a pattern testing forum is not for me. I was way too reliant upon my testers for everything. This was my own fault and something I feel terrible about, yet I have learned a valuable lesson thru all this. I need to test my own patterns thoroughly myself. Then, and only then, should I even consider asking someone else to test the pattern for me. And even then...I don't really need a testing forum to test the pattern. One or two testers is enough. (because I have tested the pattern thoroughly myself, you see.) That will also save me tons of time that was previously spent running the forum. So, I have designed the above sandal and I have tested it in every size. (more pictures to come later)

See? Now the whole designing process is reliant upon myself. I can design and test patterns much quicker this way too. I started designing that bootie yesterday and already the pattern is typed up and tested in every size. The only thing I have left to do is edit the diagram pictures and add them to the pattern. I should have it ready to sell tomorrow. (and in case you don't crochet, the booties will be for sale in my etsy shop.)

And now I must be off to shower and get ready for date night. Oh...and post my Etsy Find Friday! (can't forget that!) Have a great evening everyone.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Those sandles are so sweet! Great use of your time too. God lets us know when and where to spend our time. Praise the Lord for finding what fits your life and family best.