Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Birthday Dress Woes

Bernina is in soooo much trouble! She almost got herself thrown out the window yesterday. She treads on very thin ice at this point and had better watch her behaivor. First, she stitched the back bodice of Chloe's birthday dress on inside out. Can you believe that? I didn't notice this major error on her part until long after I had passed the point of no return.

And if that wasn't enough already, she went and sewed the slip of the dress on inside out as well. ARGH! This machine! What am I going to do with her? I didn't see the error until after I double seamed the waist (meaning I sewed it twice) AND trimmed the seam (meaning I cut off the excess) AND finished it off with a nice zig zag stitch.

Bernina is grounded. No more satin for her until she learns to behave properly.

Anyways, I am almost done with Chloe's dress.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


All I have left to do is sew in the zipper and make a rosette to attach above that gathered section on the skirt. If it weren't for the fact that the back bodice is inside out, this would be the prettiest dress I have ever made Chloe. That inside out bodice back though really makes me want to...well...cry, really. I did spend about 30 minutes ripping out that waist seam (or seams) and got the slip sewn on with the right side facing out. So, at least that looks decent.

Well, now. I must be off to wipe chapstick off the hallway wall. While it is cherry flavored and does smell kinda nice, I am sure potential home buyers would not find it attractive painted all over the wall. (and, quite honestly, the bright red doesn't look as well as you would think with the tan paint color.) Have a fantastic day everyone. I am either going to crawl into bed or sew in a zipper. I haven't decided yet.