Friday, March 13, 2009

The Candyland Cake

This has got to be the best cake I have ever made. By far. I can't wait for Chloe to see it tomorrow. (she has seen the icing but not the decorations on the cake. I wanted that to be a surprise) First, here is the Candyland board game so you can see what I tried to recreate.

Photobucket


Chloe helped me make the icing. Yes...that is my daughter pouring a bag of powdered sugar into the kitchen aid. I am very trusting. No...actually, she has been cooking with me so long that she knows the drill and is very careful with things.

Photobucket


And now.....The Cake.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I am off now to create Candyland in my house! We are preparing for a sugar overload tomorrow. (don't worry...all kids are being sent home with a toothbrush in their goodies bags. I am not completely evil.)

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow! That's amazing! Great birthday cake! I'm sure everyone will have a blast!

Amy @ Experience Imagination said...

Are the game pieces borrowed from the game box or did you make them yourself?

Amazing cake. Hope you have lots of fun! I would not want to be hosting all those sugar-hyped little ones. :)

Anna said...

Thanks guys. I am pretty excited about the cake...and the party. Its going to be fun.

Amy, the two people are from the board game. I didn't have time to come up with those on my own. I hadn't even thought about it until this afternoon. I was sitting there decorating the cake with the board in front of me and Chloe was playing with the people on the floor. (somehow Bob and Larry were being mean to the "girl and boy" and received hot sauce in their mouths) Anyways, the idea came to me that I could wash them off and include them. So, I did.

Pam said...

All I can say is WOW!

Yarnjeannie said...

Terrific cake!