Monday, April 20, 2009

Birthday Wishes

Hard as it was to face, my 30th birthday last week was actually a pleasant day. While I regretted the fact that I was to finally be 30 years old, I enjoyed myself immensely all day long. I still don't feel 30 and I guess that's a good thing since I really don't want to be 30.

My day began with tea at a girlfriend's house. What fun. Chloe brought along her tea set and some dolls and we all had tea together. Can you say perfection? Then, James took me out to lunch at a Thai buffet. I've never eaten Thai before and it was quite delicious. A bit on the spicy side but delicious none-the-less. I couldn't stand the Thai iced tea though. James drank mine.

Afterwards, we headed to a salon and I received a hair cut (6 inches completely gone) and a highlight. Can you believe that? I am so happy with my hair. For the first time in my life I actually feel pretty. I have had that West Side Story song stuck in my head the rest of the week. (and pretty far into the weekend as well) You know the one? "I feel pretty. Oh so pretty."

So, after dinner with my dear friend Karen and her husband at Red Lobster, we came home to presents. My darling husband bought me the most fantastic present in the world. I can't believe he did it. I am still in shock almost a week later. Goodness gracious, I love this man. He bought me something he has threatened to buy me for a few months now. I asked him not to. I TOLD him not to. But for some odd reason he thought I would change my mind. Honestly, he is still convinced I will change my mind. I won't. Of that I can assure you.

Have you seen those commercials on television for a Snuggie? No? The link has the funniest video you've ever seen. Go watch it. I dare you to. And my husband bought into it. I have to tell you, I laughed so hard when I opened up that box. I felt like I was in a dream. Could my dear husband have actually spent money on this thing? And for my birthday? After about 15 minutes of hysterical laughing, he asked me to try it on. That only sent me down the floor, doubled over with tummy pains. When I finally composed myself enough to get the thing on Chloe took one look at me and said, "You look like a monster, Mama." I lost it. I completely lost it. I immediately tore the thing off and informed James as politely as I could between the peals of laughter that I would NOT be wearing it again. No matter how cold I am.

He redeemed himself by handing me my other gift which was a king size set of sheets with deep pockets to fit on my bed. Very nice gift. Much better than a Snuggie which will be decluttered by my next birthday. Someday, when I get over the shock, I will have to get you a picture of the thing on me. For now, I can't do it. I can't even look at it without busting up. I also need to get a picture of my new "do" for you all. It really looks great.

Well, I had better run along and Bless my home today. We have a showing at lunchtime and so we will head to the library and pray that this will be the one that buys our house. Have a funny day all day long everyone. Remember that laughter is good medicine. (I swear I lost at least 5 pounds last week from laughing)

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great time.

Amy @ Experience Imagination said...

Happy Birthday! I liked 30. I had trouble with 31, for some odd reason.

Have you seen the parodies on YouTube for the Snuggie? I'd never seen the original commercial, but they were pretty funny.

kb29 said...

Happy Birthday! I love watching the ds for stuff like that. They crack me up.

Ashlie said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I think you should keep the Snuggie! It would be so cozy when your crocheting!! Hey, I left you an award on my blog, go check it out!

Karen said...

Anna - I love this story - first of all many many Happy Returns - you will LOVE your 30's I promise you! Also - my girls have Snuggies and love them! And yes they crack me up too. You know what's worse? I got the ShamWow for Christmas! :)
Love - 3 roses/Karen