Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Disappearance of Creativity

I haven't felt the creative burst I usually feel the past couple of weeks. I think that has to do in part with the fact that we still have not sold our house...let alone had very many showings. Its quite difficult for me to keep the house immaculately clean for weeks with no showings. Then, just about the time I get all my creative items out all over my craft room, the phone rings and we have a showing in about 30 minutes. This frantic scenario of madly rushing about to clean it all up does not help those creative juices in the least bit.

So, I've not created anything. Oh...I may have stabbed at that creative gene every now and again, but quite frankly, it just disappeared. In addition to the disappearance of those necessary juices, I have also been decluttering the house quite a bit. Let me tell you, decluttering is very addictive. Many days I wander around my house trying to find something to declutter. I am probably the last person you would think needs to or even should declutter, but I love it. I really do. It is so freeing. Last week I decluttered most of our movie stash. I only kept our favorites like Anne of Green Gables, Janette Oak and most of Chloe's movies. This week I am working on Chloe's baby things. AHHHHHHH!!! As hard as it is to part with these items, I have decided it is necessary. Yes. I am tired of hauling this stuff around the world with us. If or when we do have another baby, we can simply buy new things. We can certainly afford it. AND...maybe getting rid of it might bring good luck in that regard. You never know.

So, in the spirit of declutteration and also the need to be creative once again (because it HAS been too long since I have let myself loose like that) I have compiled a list of the things I aim to make this week. My goal, you could say. And yes, I do feel that this qualifies as decluttering. I just finished decluttering my pattern collection. Now I need to declutter those projects that are sitting there waiting for me to finish. Without further ado, here is my project declutteration list.

~ Chloe's Primrose Easter dress (to be worked on today)
~ brown shirt dress for myself (cut out and ready to be sewn. I shouldn't tell you that this was to be my Thanksgiving dress this past fall)
~ Tutti-Frutti dress for Chloe (I picked up this adorable fabric from Joanns with the plan to make a pillowcase dress for Chloe...complete with rick-rack flowers from my Sewing with Whimsy book)
~ Apron set for my mother (mother's day gift...I thought it would be cute for her to have matching aprons for whenever Chloe comes to visit)
~ crocheted cozies for my girlfriend (who is moving into their first purchased home this next month.

I figure that is probably enough to keep me busy this week. Like I said...its a goal. I hope to focus and be able to complete all this in time. If I do, then I have something fun to do with some scraps and other fabric in my stash. Oh golly....I feel those creative juices returning, just typing about it. Yes...there is a vision in my head for a skirt design. Ahh yes...they are back. Those juices are back and ready to flow. I must get off this computer and get to work on this list. Have a wonderful day everyone!

1 comment:

LadySnow said...

Sounds like you have a lot of to do things. Sure hope your creative juices start slowing again to get them done. :-)