Thursday, April 09, 2009

That's My Dad!

The other morning, I was reading Micah 1 and I was immediately struck by God's awesomeness and power.

Micah 1:3-4

Look! The LORD is coming from his dwelling place;
he comes down and treads the high places of the earth.

The mountains melt beneath him
and the valleys split apart,
like wax before the fire,
like water rushing down a slope.


I sat there, cup of joe in hand, and could just envision this picture taking place. I could actually see God, in my mind's eye, tromping along the earth and the mountains melting beneath his feet. (that would make a great movie scene, wouldn't it?) What a picture! I was humbled as I thought of the sheer power of God, melting the mountains like wax.

A little later, I asked James what he read that morning. He talked of approaching God with boldness and confidence.

Ephesians 3:12

In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence
.


So, God is so awesome and powerful and yet I can come before Him with boldness and confidence because I am his daughter. Wow. My next mental picture was of myself running into the throne room with the King sitting on his throne issuing forth judgement on some sort of evil something or other. I proclaim, "Daddy! I stubbed my toe and it hurts like the dickens." God stops immediately, takes me up on his lap and begins to gently clean my wound. He wraps his arms around me and kisses the tears away. When I am "all better" He sets me down on the ground and I take off running outside to play again while He proceeds with His mountain melting.

Yup. That's my dad!

No comments: