Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Waiting...

I am stuck in the waiting place. You know that place? The place where you just sit and wait? Dr. Suess describes it well in his book "Oh The Places You'll Go!"

"You can get so confused
that you'll start in to race
down long wiggled roads at a break-necking pace
and grind on for miles across weirdish wild space,
headed, I fear, toward a most useless place.
The Waiting Place..."


Yes. This is where I am...The Waiting Place.

...for people just waiting.
Waiting for a train to go
or a bus to come, or a plane to go
or the mail to come, or the rain to go
or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow
or waiting around for a Yes or No
or waiting for their hair to grow.
Everyone is just waiting.

Waiting for fish to bite
or waiting for wind to fly a kite
or waiting around for Friday night
or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake
or a pot to boil, or a Better Break
or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants
or a wig with curls, or Another Chance.
Everyone is just waiting."


*sigh* So yes...this is where I am...this most useless place. I am waiting. Waiting for the washing machine to finish its load. Waiting for my house to sell. Waiting for the military to decide where we will move to at the end of this year. Waiting for my husband to decide where he will take me for my birthday this weekend. Waiting for the future to arrive. What can I do while I wait? Truly this is a useless place, this waiting place.

But I forget that this waiting place is only two pages of the entire book. And the book is titled "Oh the Places You'll Go". I am going places. I am. I must be patient because I know God has great things in store for me. My bum is numb from sitting here waiting and I can't take it anymore. I am going somewhere! Chloe and I shall take her baby on a walk around the block and enjoy some fresh air.

1 comment:

Pam said...

I feel like I'm always waiting too. I feel like I'm always waiting for my husband to decide what he's going to do so I know what I can do. I'm waiting for my kids to finally listen to me, and not do the same wrong thing 10 times a day. I'm waiting for the planets to align so my whole house will finally be clean all at the same time!