Friday, May 29, 2009

Adoption Announcement

I am sorry that I have not posted sooner this week. We've had some big news and I am afraid it has left me so excited that I don't even know where to begin in writing a post about it. It doesn't seem like I can write a post about some little craft project or anything with this sort of news rolling around and around in my head. So, I have been thinking of the best way to tell everyone what we have to tell everyone and the only way I could come up with is just to say it. So, I am going to say it.

We have made the decision to proceed with adoption as a way to grow our family.

Everything else in that upstairs brain of mine is in a muddle right now and I can't even process information to tell you anything further. I've researched a bit this week and we will be praying for the next 7 days as to whether we should go through the state for adoption or use Bethany Christian Services for our adoption agency.

I will definitely be keeping everyone updated on our journey. Please, if you could, say a prayer for us as we have some major decisions to make. Please, also pray for unity of mind between James and myself and that we would be open to the Lord's direction in this process. He has someone in mind for our home and our love and we want to make sure that we hear His voice and follow His guiding.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My grandmother had 8 miscarriages before she finally decided to adopt. She adopted my Uncle. 3 months later she finds out she is pregnant with my father. Good luck with the adoption. There are so many children out there that need good loving homes.

LadySnow said...

Congrats on moving forward with the adoption! Adoption is a very blessed thing. :-)

Debra said...

Praise God. I will be praying! hugs, debra

Anonymous said...

Anna this is wonderful news. I have been following your blog and I really miss testing your wonderful patterns. I hope your etsy is doing well.
May the good lord bless you and your family.

Tammy aka Wiz3283

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Congratulations!! Prayers lifted.

Christine said...

I am thrilled for you. I will be keeping you in my prayers!

minwifeof4boys said...

I'll agree with you in prayer Anna... I can't think of a better home for a wee one then yours!

titus2woman said...

OH how AMAZING!!!! This is WAY cool~Godspeed and many prayers for blessing!!!!! (((((HUGS))))) sandi