Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Eclectic Trail Mix

I have created a "lightweight" menu plan for our four days in the wilderness this weekend. This go round I am aiming for "lightness". Things that don't require much preparation but that are light and will travel easily. But first let me tell you of my eclectic trail mix I whipped up today. Mind you, not the healthiest mix on the planet but seeing as how I included whatever I found buried in the back of my cupboard I am quite pleased with how it turned out.

Photobucket


I dumped in...

3 box shakes of Cheerios
Half a bag of whole Almonds
3/4 a bag of Heath toffee bits
3/4 bag mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup Yankee colored M&M's
1/2 box golden raisins
1 cup raisins
1 bag chopped walnuts
1 cup dried goji berries
1 cup raw sunflower seeds

Yummy! I think even Chloe will find some things in here that she likes. Hooray! My next post will be all about our menu plan and the things I will be doing to make the food load lighter. Have a fabulous afternoon everyone.

2 comments:

LadySnow said...

Looks good to me!

Dayhomemama said...

It looks great and something kids would like. I'll have to make a similar mix for our summertime outings with the kids, since it would be something we could all enjoy! Thanks for sharing.