Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Scrap Happy Cards

I collect scraps. You may already know this about me, or this may be coming as a complete shock. I don't know. I don't even know why I do this aside from the fact that I buy into that line "waste not, want not." So, I collect scraps. Paper scraps. Stickers. Even ribbon scraps. I can't being myself to throw away anything that could potentially be used for something in the future.(yes...I evevn have a bucket full of yarn scraps, but that is another craft)

Now since I began scrapbooking 8 years ago I have kept every single little piece of scrap paper and scrap sticker I have ever touched and have amassed such a scrap stash that I am drowning in pieces of paper and random stickers. Its time to do something about this problem. And since I am on a major declutterization kick at the moment, what better time to go through my scraps and make cards? Here is what I made this past weekend...all from scraps, mind you. (sorry for the blurriness of some of these pictures...I am too lazy today to get out my tripod and do this right)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


So, now I am off to fold some laundry and make more cards while the child sleeps. I haven't even touched half of the scraps yet. And the point of this is to declutter them down to almost nothing. Be prepared to see more cards in the next day or two. I am on a mission this week. A mission to get rid of as many scraps of paper as possible.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I typed a post, but somehow it dissapeared. So, again, Lol.

Your cards are beautiful, truely you are gifted in many things. The Lord has blessed you. I especially love the butterfly and heart cards, my friend. Have a beautiful card~making, thoughtfully lovely day!