Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Never Ending Dress

And I feel as though I accomplished something today, even though this dress is STILL not finished. It looks good enough for the pictures though. I have only to hem the skirt portion and she will be completely completed.

Photobucket


I cut this dress out with the intention that it was to be my thanksgiving dress last November. Needless to say, it has been laying in my workbasket ever since. About two weeks ago I pleaded with myself to finish it because I knew it would look great on me. Lo and behold, it took me quite a bit longer than planned. This dress has details. Lovely details, mind you, but each detail adds time onto the completion deadline.

You cannot see the details in the pictures. I am afraid that up close and personal, the fabric looks stunning. From a distance though...quite another matter. I don't like it at all. It looks like I am covered in polka dots, which I am not. My coral flowers disappear when you step back a few feet. Yuck! I want my coral flowers.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Princess Chloe loves having her picture taken too. For some odd reason she believes that we just take random pictures of things. I have no idea where she could have gotten this bizarre idea from.

Have a fantastic day everyone.

4 comments:

LadySnow said...

I think the dress looks lovely. :-)

Anna said...

Thanks Melanie...It looks alot better in person.

Shannon said...

I like your dress too. If you want the coral to stand out more, maybe make a coral flower pin or crochet some coral trim for it? Even without the extra coral, I think it will be great to wear for this coming Thanksgiving. Just think, you'll be early now! That's what I tell myself with "late" projects anyway.

I used to sew my own clothes. I miss doing it, and it's something I hope to start doing again soon.

Anna said...

Thanks Shannon. I was thinking of getting some coral shoes or a coral purse too. I am wearing alot of coral this season, so it might be a good investment. My purse is 4 years old and its showing some wear.