Thursday, August 06, 2009

Fresh Air

So, its true. Fresh air really does do a body good. Instead of walking around the block yesterday, we drove in the car to the woods. Boy, am I glad I made that decision.

At first, Chloe was upset with me for not taking her to the "park". She fussed for a few moments but after some time in the great big wilderness, she came around. Soon, you could see her running down the path at top speed with a leaf in tow beside her. This park has some of the biggest leaves I have ever seen. Whenever we go, Chloe announces that we have entered the rain forest.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


God's world amazes me. Nature heals my soul. Spending time outside heartened me and I was able to greet James with a half smile when he arrived home yesterday. I say half smile because I ended up with a headache which has yet to vacate my noggin. Ugggg...

Anyways, I have been promised a yummy cup of coffee today when my dearest returns home from work and so I sit her in my jammies, waiting for it. Do you think I could go grocery shopping and get a bag of coffee? Nope. That would involve changing out of my jammies and I just don't think it very wise to get behind the wheel of a car going on two days with no coffee.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Enchanting photos Anna! That leaf is huge! Looks like a fairytale story book come to life.

Pam said...

Hope by now you've got your coffee...nothing can cure the java jimmies but a good cuppa.

I wish we had a park like that by us. I love to be able to sit amongst the tall trees and soak in their majesty. Nothing can humble your ego, yet set your spirit soaring like time spent with Nature.