Thursday, August 20, 2009

Rambling Along

I've just finished the last pink, lazy daisy stitch on my lovely little lady pillowcase set. Yahoo! That thing was almost the same as knitting two socks, I swear. You finally finish the first one only to figure out that you have an identical one to make. I suppose I could have switched the colors up on the second pillowcase, but then that would have meant they wouldn't match and I, therefore, could not have placed them on the same bed at the same time together. (yah...I'm that one.) So, I stitched them both the same. I will have pictures tomorrow for you, I hope. Alas, the sun set before the last stitch was sewn tonight or else I could have photographed it for this post.

I purchased something special for myself at Joann's today when I picked up the embroidery floss to finish my little ladies. What's that, you ask? I'm so glad you did. I don't have a picture of it, but I splurged and bought myself a knitting magazine. I saw, on the cover, this gorgeously pink hat...and not just any shade of pink either...a nice, dusty rose pink. Oh, if I could get my hands on that yarn, I would knit myself that hat in a jiffy.

But hold yourself, Anna. There are other projects to be completed first.

I thought I should mention to you all that I have a list upstairs on my wall of projects that need completed. (some of which need started and then completed) To give myself a kick in the rear for motivation's sake, I added a "free project" for every five projects I complete. What are those "free projects"? Anything I feel like at the moment. Yes, I will fly by the seat of my pants for those freebies.

I am two projects away from my next freebie.

So, what should I create for my free project? I have a few ideas floating around in my head. That pink hat, for starters. I also have a library book for some knitted animal finger puppets. (how darling would they be for Chloe? She's already picked out an elephant, tiger, teddy bear, and something kind of disturbingly weird looking) And don't forget my crochet pattern for a rubber chicken. I've been dying to make that for a while now and sadly, it did not make it on my project list. (I must have forgotten about it momentarily while writing up my list)

Hmmm...so many decisions. It hurts my brain to think so hard. I better go get some sleep and think on this issue a bit more in the morning. Have a great night everyone.

4 comments:

Brandie said...

I'm afraid if i started to make a list of all the projects I needed to finish, I'd need a REALLY long piece of paper =) Good luck trying to finish those projects up!

Anna said...

I actually have two lists. One on the wall upstairs, and a completely different one in my notebook for when the wall list is completed. And all that are on both lists are just off the top of my head. I am afraid of the amount of paper I would need to list everything if I actually went into my sewing room and looked at the projects in there.

Amy @ Experience Imagination said...

Oy. I just have this random collection of stuff in my head that I should be working on, craft-wise. Frankly, I've found that not having a camera so I can show my stuff off has really dampened my enthusiasm. I think that says something about me ...

Anna said...

I hear you Amy. Just having my blog helps motivate me to finish something. I don't know how I would survive without my camera.