Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Anti Procrastination Wedesday

According to Flylady, Wednesday is the day to get things done that otherwise do not get done. Its the day to cross off those horrible items off your to-do list that you have been dreading for months.

Today, I tackled a couple of these items on my list. I finally got around to taking James birthday package to the post office. I don't know why I procrastinate on mailing packages, but I do. It something about gathering up all the supplies necessary to wrap the box, address the box and get it into the car. I just don't do it. Anyways, that item bears a line through it. Done!

Zone-cleaning. I don't relish this chore either. For some reason, I just don't get around to zone cleaning. I hate the dirty smell of my house though, so this week I have re-started the zone cleaning. Today I cleaned the crumbs from inside the cushions and behind the couches.

Ironing. I save up my ironing for about 2-3 months (on average) and once I realize where on earth all my skirts have gone, I get out the old ironing board and spend about an hour ironing clothes. I am working on this habit. I currently have 3 items in the ironing pile that have been there for about 2 weeks. Today I will tackle that pile.

Gardening. While I love the idea of gardening, actually getting out there and caring for my plants is another matter entirely. I have yet to prune my rose bushes this year. I am at a loss for what to do with my purple clematis or the bunch of black eyed Susans which are no longer blooming. The front garden needs to be totally cleared out and replanted from scratch. I really should draw it out on graph paper and plant things that harmonize well together. Also, the weeds are beginning to take over what brown spots remain in the soil. I really must weed these and spread a thick layer of mulch down soon. Maybe I will get to this today.

Winter clothes. Somewhere in my house or shed hides a box of winter clothes and coats. I need to find this box and sort through the items to figure out what I need to replace, purchase or clean for winter. Tomorrow is errand day so if anything needs taken to the cleaners, I need to get it there tomorrow. I also need to make a list of what Chloe will need this winter. I don't know if her coat from last year will still fit. I hope to get to this item on my list today too, but if my energy fails me, I will get to it tomorrow.

What are you all going to stop procrastinating on today?

2 comments:

LadySnow said...

I love procrastinating...well, not really, but I am doing it right now. Just hard to get up the energy to go clean the MB to get ready for the baby. :-)

Amy @ Experience Imagination said...

To paraphrase a quote I read recently, "No one wants to do housework, they want to have done it." That's sure true for me (barring the occasional nesting urge). Glad you were able to cross a few things off your list this week!