Thursday, September 03, 2009

It Is Well With My Soul



I awakened this morning to a smallish sort of person climbing into my bed with me. Groggily, I rolled over, patted her on the arm and drifted back to sleep. I was much too tired to enforce the "stay in your room until 7:30" rule we have in effect.

About an hour later, I thanked the Lord that I did not enforce that rule today. God purposed Chloe into my room and into my bed so that I would hear her.

Chloe suffered her second seizure this morning.

Amazingly enough, I tended to her without an ounce of fear. Somehow, our experience last year taught me what I needed to know and I was able to roll her onto her side so she wouldn't choke on her tongue and 10-15 seconds later it was over...for the most part. When the doctor's office opened, I called and booked her for an appointment. By this time Chloe had eaten breakfast and was chasing the kittens across the living room floor.

We didn't see our regular doctor today. The new one we saw did NOT like the fact that this was Chloe's second seizure and informed me that we needed to take her into a neurologist for testing. Unfortunately, no one can get us in until next year and the doctor wanted us in this week. Please pray that we can get her in just as soon as possible...even this week.

The doctor also ordered some lab work to see if anything was going on there. The results came back tonight negative (which is a good thing).

I was not afraid today. I know God has Chloe's best interest at heart. I know God has my best interest at heart. I know it is well with my soul. Jesus walked with me today. His hand rested on Chloe's back next to mine as I held her during her seizure. He sat next to me as we waited for the doctor in the examination room. He drove with me across town to the lab for the tests. Jesus stayed with me every single moment of the day and carried me through it. God is faithful. He will never leave me, nor forsake me. It is well with my soul.

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow, Anna, I'm glad God has given you so much peace about something that could be so scary. I'll keep Chloe in my prayers this week.

Crochetingangel said...

hang in there hun, your right Jesus was with you through it all and will continue to carry u through. My prayers are with y'all

Nancy said...

Thanks for that wonderful testimony, Anna.
Nancy P

minivanlife said...

Oh my, God was surely with you. I will certainly pray for you and your precious daughter.

LadySnow said...

Nothing new to tell you...just giving lots of ((((HUGS)))). Never would have thought your visit last year would have prepared you for this.

Steve and Anna said...

Just found your blog again after a long time...praying for Chloe with you! Thanks for sharing your honest and trusting heart - it encouraged me tonight!
love,
Anna

Lis said...

oh, anna! i have been offline for a while and was catching up on your posts - i will definitely be keeping you and beautiful chloe upheld before the Father...