Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fat Cat

I find it fascinating and slightly funny how out of two sibling kitties, one is huge and the other is...well...just sorta normal. They informed me when I took the kitties into the vet that this phenomenon was perfectly acceptable. I just find it funny is all. I snapped a few pictures yesterday of the kitties which I thought I might show you.

Photobucket


This is Twillerbee. I cannot, for the life of me, get this kitty to purr. I hold her for at least 30 minutes at a time, petting her all the while and nope...not one single run. But Chloe, on the other hand, simple places her hand on Twillerbee's head and the motor starts roaring. I don't get it. I really don't. Chloe cannot be called "gentile" in her handling of Twillerbee and yet this kitty prefers her to all others. She follows her to bed at night and chooses to sleep not more than a foot away from Chloe all night long.

Bumblebee, in contrast, won't go near Chloe. And interestingly enough, he purrs on contact.

Photobucket


But he's fat! Really fat!

Photobucket


He is my chunky lovebug. Who doesn't love a chubby purring kitty on their lap? Even his face resembles a cabbage patch doll.

Now I leave you with a picture of Pattycakes. Precious Pattycakes. Still hanging on and living the life of luxery. I am amazed at how tolerant she has become in her old age. She not only allows the kitties within a 2 ft radius of herself, but she also purrs when Chloe pets her. WHOA! What? Yes...the snooty kitty has finally decided any petting is better than no petting at all. Will the wonders never cease?

Photobucket


Have a fabulous day everyone. I am off to shower, plan a menu for the week and work on school with Chloe. Hopefully I will finish my apron project this afternoon to show you.

No comments: