Saturday, November 21, 2009

Holiday Homecoming

We made it "home", alive and well. And to top it all off, I have the most WONDERFUL news to share with you. Apparantly my insomnia doesn't affect me outside my own house. I've had two nights of delightful sleep. The first night from my hotel back home (where they gave me a free shuttle ride to the airport at 4:00 am) and last night in my dear sister-in-law's house. Could it possibly be I've been trying to sleep in the wrong time zone? I think I just need to move back to the west coast.

So, the flight proceeded well. We cruised through the security check point and I didn't even need to pull my liquids out of the carry-on. Hmmm...I am not sure how "secure" that makes me feel but to be honest, it was nice to just walk right through with no hassles.

Sadly, our early wake-up cause the attention span of my four year old to diminish substantially. New toys? Didn't work. All she wanted to do was watch a movie. "But you packed movies, right?" you ask? Yes, I did.

Travel Tip #10 - Charge the dvd player.

But, those travel size etch-a-sketces are pretty nifty. That held her attention the longest.

I arrived last night to a little party! Woo Hoo. It totally slipped my mind that our nephew's birthday was today and so we had cake and presents last night. What a wonderful suprise...for me. We rarely are able to spend birthdays with our family so it was a very special treat.

I am off today to find more adventures. Renting a car, visiting my sister and who knows what else. I have pictures I will try to get up later. For now, I hear breakfast calling my name. Have a delightful day, all day long.

3 comments:

LadySnow said...

Enjoy your time with family!

(((((HUGS))))) sandi said...

Anna, do you take pattern requests? *I think* I could come up with something simple, but YOU could come up with something BEAUTIFUL! ~smile! I was thinking about a travel-sized tissue cozy? Anyway, *HAPPY THANKSGIVING!* I am thankful for the beauty you bring to us!!!! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna. I just found your blog tonight, and I am inspired by all the sewing and knitting you do! I would LOVE to learn how to do both of those!!! I recently bought a singer sewing machine, but was informed NOT to get a singer, instead to buy a bernina. Now, I have to find a dealer and a low-end model that is not computerized (after I try to return the singer). I think I'm crazy for even buying one, since I do not know what I am doing. Sorry for my life history. I really wanted to ask if you ever sew/knit for other people. And, how is the adoption process going? My husband and I adopted our son from Korea two years ago. May God bless your heart's desire.

Stacey