Saturday, December 12, 2009

Frame of Mind

I must apologize profusely for my lack of posting here on my blog. I am sorry to say that my frame of mind has not been such that I feel comfortable talking about our life. To put it simply, we miss James. A lot. This year marks the very first year since I met James that we are apart for Christmas. (We met 13 years and 5 months ago.)

I am trying to keep a smile on my face for my little pumpkin and so far so good. We have been taking it easy around the house and enjoying ourselves. I have taken some good steps in the right direction, mind you. Our tree stands in the window, complete with lights and our caboodle of random ornaments. I even purchased our ornaments for this year too. Chloe received a glass ballerina dress on a hanger with ballet shoes dangling off the side. I chose a little, white porcelain church for our family ornament this year.

The green garland spirals up the banister and I even splurged and added white lights to it this year along with my dark cranberry bows. I've baked dozens of cookies this past week (some of which didn't make it past the garbage can. That happens when trying out new recipes for the first time). We've even read a few Christmas stories and started a Christmas lapbook for school. So see? Not completely "bah hum-buggish" around here.

I finished my holiday puzzle yesterday and had to run out last night to get another one. I can't have my traditional holiday puzzle finished before Christmas even arrives, can I?

So, things have certainly been happening around here, and one of these days I will get around to showing you some pictures. But for now, I just wanted to let you all know that we are alive and well and trudging along. I feel as though I've hit survival mode, just doing what it takes to get through this deployment. My goal with this blog is to uplift and encourage my readers so when I can't quite get the words out in the manner I require of myself, I just don't post.

Well, goodnight all. I hope to have some goodies for you all very soon. Think Nutcracker ballet, first snow, cookies, candy, homemade bread, crochet and knitting. Oh yes...I do have some delightful things up my sleeve and ready to be pulled out soon.

2 comments:

LadySnow said...

I can't wait to see pictures! Will be praying for you and the family as you are apart. (((HUGS)))

bathmate said...

Thanks for your lovely posting. I really enjoyed it.
Bathmate