Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Funk Finally Ends!

It's over. The funk is over! I can officially say it. I am done funking. I guess one could suppose it was that good ole depression sneaking up on me, but I prefer to call it a funk. Seems a little less grim that way.

First on the post-funk agenda was to finish this sweater I started before I left for my holiday excursion. I purchased the book Positively Crochet solely for the sweater on the cover. I just HAD to have it. I chose red yarn because...well...I don't really know why except for the fact that I maybe wanted this to be a Christmas sweater? Now without further ado, I present to you...the finished red sweater.

Photobucket


I must say that the puckering on the yoke did indeed disappear when I donned the sweater. And do you wanna know something totally cool? Mary Jane herself commented on my blog post regarding the puckering. Oh, how humbling. A lonesome tear escaped the confines of my eyeball and trickled down my cheek as I realized exactly who it was leaving the comment. (at first I thought...Mary Jane Butters? What is she doing on my blog?) How exciting to have the designer herself stop by and leave a helpful tip regarding her sweater! How exciting and humbling! Thank you Miss Mary Jane.

Now I must be off to start on goal number 2 for the week. To unbury the sewing machine. I am ashamed to show you the state of my craft/sewing room, but in order for you all to understand the after, you must first see the before.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Yes...*cough cough*...ummmm... *choke*...errr...

That is MY sewing room, completely buried in who knows what. Better get on it ASAP. Hopefully an avalanche of fabric doesn't fall on me and bury me alive. I would love to be alive tomorrow to show you all something I created (or finished) today. Wish me luck as I ascend to the chaos above. Good day to you all!

7 comments:

LadySnow said...

The sweater is gorgeous..and as for the sewing room. Looks just like mine! :-)

Nancy said...

The sweater is just beautiful, Anna, and fits you just right. Wish I could make stuff that fits like that!
Nancy

Anna said...

Hi Nancy,
I am sure you could make this sweater and have it fit you. The yarn is pretty stretchy so you could make a smaller size and it will most likely fit. I should have made the yoke portion a tad bit smaller by using a smaller hook because its a tad loose around my shoulders and the weight of the sleeves pulls it down. I did add about 4 inches to the sleeves though so that added quite a bit of weight too. Let me know if you would like to borrow the book and I can drop it in the mail to you.

Mary Jane said...

Awh! Anna, you made me blush :) That was sweet of you to say the things you did :) By the way, if you are on Ravelry, I'd love for you to please post your photo of the sweater and I'll send you a photo request to have your red sweater on the project page. I think yours is gorgeous. I love red! Maybe I'll make myself a red one.
Thanks!

Brandie said...

Love the sweater - it looks great on you too!! Glad the funk is over. And your sewing room looks much like mine. After all that holiday sewing, I'm not sure it could look any cleaner though ROFL!

busyHSmom said...

Oh Anna, the sweater looks fab! And, to top it off, you unwittingly helped me out...really. You see, my laptop was stolen in a break-in at my house, so I have lost all my saved web sites. (((sigh))) Not 5 minutes before I read this post on your blog I was thinking to myself, "What is the name of the farm girl with all the pretty, homey things??? I remember how much I enjoyed her site in the past, but I can't remember her name!" Now you know how very frustrating and exasperating it can be to not be able to remember a name. Lo, and behold, you mention her name right here when I least expected it. Thank you for the "aha!" moment. I'm off now to follow your link to Mary Jane Butters site. Thanks!!!

Anna said...

So THAT'S why her name popped into my head! For you!!! Glad I could help. :)