Sunday, February 07, 2010

Finally Some Ravelry Loving

I finally did it. I finally sat down and logged into my Ravelry account. I had one. I just never used it. At some point shortly after I joined a couple years ago, I added about 4 projects I was working on at the time. Did I bother to upload pictures? Nah! Then, I fell off the face of the earth and failed to remember Ravelry existed.

Until a couple of days ago.

I logged on and voila! An amazing world opened up to me. A world where I can keep track of my crochet hooks and knitting needles. A world of yarn stash catalogs and project progress updates. All this and so much more. I now know what you all knew this all along. Ravelry is the best place on the planet...(or the internet, to be more precise).

And the coolest thing I found on Ravelry? I click on a pattern I see and it immediately jumps into my queue. I can create a project queue that could potentially take three lifetimes to complete. Isn't that amazing?

Now Ravelry does have a downside. A bummer. DRATS! An "Ugggg". I must now face my WIP pile. Every time I log on. Worse yet is when I upload the pictures of all my WIPs. Not a pleasant sight, let me tell you.

Photobucket
Baby Bloomers during which I ran out of yarn before I could finish the second leg. Now I shall have to frog.

Photobucket
The skirt I was in the middle of designing when I decided to take my hiatus last winter from designing.

Photobucket
A dress called Angel Blessings I began designing about 3 years ago and never finished. Somehow it managed to bury itself in my workbasket and I totally forgot it existed until this morning during my WIP digout mission.

Photobucket
Angel Traditions dress I started to sell in my Etsy shop. Once I realized it would take me a month of steady crocheting to finish the christening length, I laid the dress in my workbasket where it too tunneled to the bottom.

Photobucket
I really should weave in those ends and call this done.

Photobucket
Sheer Witchery. I don't want to talk about it.

Photobucket
You all know the story about this one so I don't think I need to talk about it. I don't want to talk about it anyways. *eye roll*

Photobucket
A knitted sweater I started a couple of years ago and ran out of yarn. Sheesh! Why do I do that?

Photobucket
Remember the sweater I started a few months ago? Well, I didn't like it so I am frogging away and knitting up a simple garter stitch scarf/stole. I think I have enough yarn to make three of these suckers. I lost my motivation for this project at some point and now it glares at me with evil eyes every time I enter my craft room.

Photobucket
A cute little cabled purse I am working on. (yes...I AM working on it! Just not this exact moment.)

Photobucket
A gorgeous little dress I am working on this blizzardy weekend. I needed a project to work on in case the power went out. Well, I got a little too excited and the power didn't go out yet, so I began working on it anyways. I am almost done with the skirt and will work on the bodice today. Its a little dress for Chloe. Elenka found on Knitty. I am using Tahki Stacy Charles Cotton Classic.


I should probably get off the computer and go finish a project or two. Uggg. Why do I do this to myself? Thank you Ravelry for providing a method of helping me get out of this WIP mess I find myself in.

5 comments:

Amy @ Experience Imagination said...

What's your user name on Ravelry? I'm "expimag" (like my blog address). I haven't been doing well at posting pictures lately either.

Ha, who am I kidding, I haven't been doing very well getting anything crocheted lately!

busyHSmom said...

What is your user name Ravelry...or is it secret?? ;-)

Feel free to friend me if you like! I am BlueMoonArtistry there.

Sarah said...

You are a very brave woman! I am afraid to even look in my wip basket. Lol. I put a comment about the shell pattern on my blog, I think I may have printed it off from mypicot.com. That is a site that's kind of like a stitchonary with graphs. I quickly typed in the repeats for the shell, but I can probably do a better job for you if you want. Just let me know.

LadySnow said...

I joined Ravelry too...but never did anything with it. Maybe I should look into it this week...

Lisa said...

Hi Anna,
I just recommended someone on ravelry for your apron patterns just last week! I'm marmiemama...please let me know what your name is there and we can be "friends"!
Blessings,
Lisa
P.S. I'm working on my sixth of your apron pattern! This one is just a half one for a friend.